Best ways to market your music

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
Everyday the Sun Comes Up
i'm just interested in how you guys go about marketing your music...there is so many people trying to do this, how do you separate yourself from the pack? or your most unique way of marketing to grab people's attention? or success stories of people you knew in the past?

you get the idea...

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
one kind of related question i have...i upload songs by el on hulkshare to have as back ups initially, but I also use the links to promote the songs.

but for instance, i have two songs up there now. that he did 2 or 3 years ago just for myself...didnt share them with anyone and they're still getting downloads and replays. i have them on my computer so i play them off that so i know its just not me playing it.

jmspro

Banned
Daps
I think one way is to do it like the major artists are doing it. If it was me I would release 2 or 3 singles on hiphopearly.com and purchase some adrvertising at datpiff and set a release date in the coming soon section. I would advertise at other mixtape sites as well. This would could cost some bread obviously.

NamelessPimp

Legend
Daps
Reppin
I think one way is to do it like the major artists are doing it. If it was me I would release 2 or 3 singles on hiphopearly.com and purchase some adrvertising at datpiff and set a release date in the coming soon section. I would advertise at other mixtape sites as well. This would could cost some bread obviously.

ya...i'll look into it. he's gotta CD signing in NY on June 30th.

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
When you do a set, come out like this

everything-is-back-to-normal-sort-of.gif