Biden Administration Pushes To Close the Growing Cybersecurity Workforce Gap

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.

Biden Administration Pushes To Close the Growing Cybersecurity Workforce Gap

On Tuesday, the administration announced a multi-agency plan to create hundreds of registered apprenticeship programs with the private sector to flesh out the nation's cybersecurity workforce -- and defend against a rising tide of data breaches, ransomware attacks and other hacking incidents. In a 120-day sprint, the US government will work with employers to establish apprenticeship programs in the cybersecurity industry, said Labor Secretary Marty Walsh, vowing to launch the joint program with the Department of Commerce "in as little as 48 hours."

The initiative draws funding from a wider $500 million Commerce Department program known as the Good Jobs Challenge, and will particularly focus on recruiting young people, women and minorities to train and work in the cybersecurity field, said Walsh and Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo at a White House event on Tuesday focused on broader cyber workforce issues. The US government commitment highlights what officials describe as a critical lack of cybersecurity professionals in both government and the private sector who can help protect the nation from foreign adversaries and cybercriminals. Months ago, there were an estimated 500,000 unfilled cybersecurity positions in the United States, Raimondo said, but today that figure has exploded to more than 700,000, a 40% increase.

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
700000 sounds insane.

If they can set up something directly with colleges to guarantee them a job after graduation then that would help promote cybersecurity majors and increase enrollment.

Daps
700000 sounds insane.

If they can set up something directly with colleges to guarantee them a job after graduation then that would help promote cybersecurity majors and increase enrollment.
I would've done this in a heartbeat if they had a program like that in college.

Hell I'd still do it if they could put me through training