Big Boi On Big Daddy Kane's Influence: 'His Rhyme Style Was Impeccable'

KingsOfKings

𝔻𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕞 𝕄𝕖𝕣𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥
Daps
YzMxMDg0YzctZGJhNy00MDUzLWIxMzctNzU4NGZhYjM3OTZi_gettyimages-1282249730-2048x2048_big_boi_temp.jpgv1620320503

"Big Boi met Big Daddy Kane for the first time yesterday on the Rock The Bells Cruise, where he shared the influence of the "Set it Off'" MC.

"This is my first time meeting Big Daddy Kane, and I just remember in middle school coming home and watchin' The 'Aint No Half Steppin'' video," he tells Rock The Bells. "I grew the high top fade, the Cameo [haircut] with the stripe, and his rhyme style was impeccable. And he told me how to get on these hoes!"

In other OutKast news, Andre 3000 is releasing his debut solo album tomorrow. The news of the all instrumental album titled, New Blue Sun,which features 3 Stacks playing a variety of woodwind instruments, is causing quite a conversation on social media. Andre says the album is "therapeutic," as revealed on NPR. He also clears up the notion that he's sitting on a rap album that he just won't put out.

"There’s this misconception that I just won’t do it. I think people feel like I’m sitting around on rap albums, or sitting around and I’m just not putting them out in that way. And no it’s not like that. In my mind, I really would like to make a rap album,” he says.

New Blue Sun marks Andre's first full release in 17 years.

Check out the Big Boi clip above."

Big Boi On Big Daddy Kane's Influence: 'His Rhyme Style Was Impeccable'