BIG GEORGE FOREMAN – Biopic Official Trailer (4/28) (Khris Davis, Forest Whitaker)

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
It was okay I guess. But I took a short restroom break, and missed the part when he fought Jimmy Young, which was the fight that turned his whole life around. But it must have been a short scene, because when I came back, he was waking up in the locker room after passing out. Back when this happened to him in real life, I had no idea it was this serious, until now. That went for the rest of the general public.

Anyway, I felt they missed one too many major events in this movie, and some of the major events they did include, the scenes were a little too short. Plus I never understood how he wound up letting some young White dude he met in the job core, becoming his financial manager. No where in the movie did I hear that White dude talk about finances before.

Since some of you like to focus on darkskin and lightskin, they made both men that played Foreman, his young version, and his older version, too dark. And the man that played Ali was too light. In real life, Foreman wasn't that much darker than Ali. Anyway, this film doesn't quite match "Hands of Stone", in my opinion.

But like I said, the movie was ok, although I felt that clown at the concession stand messed up my movie going mood a little, by not allowing me to activate my last $5 reward. I thought I had at least three or four of those $5 rewards left. I don't know how I suddenly wounded up with only one, and not even being able to use that. Then the clown kept acting like he couldn't understand anything I was saying. I guess I'll be back to eating my popcorn and drink in my car again, or just buying the drink, so I can at least have something to sip on during the movie...that's if I can tolerate the nonsense at the concession stand. With the movies becoming more and more dull, it's not worth it as it is. I would drop this A-List plan all together, but I just found out I only had it for 2 months, and the 3rd month was already charged to my credit card on the 1st of the month. So I'm stuck for one more month, then I can cancel. Anyway, like I said, the movies are becoming dull again, and some of them are already available for streaming. And most of those movies don't even seem to be worth streaming. But I'll probably wound up going to see "Evil Dead Rise" tonight or tomorrow night. I'm really not that excited to see this movie either, but that's about all they got right now, other than the George Foreman movie.

Last edited:

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
Movie didn't rewrite the boxing genre or anything but it was a good Netflix joint (after leaving theaters). Don't see why they had to take some of the liberties they did but overall it was a good recount and Big George been deserved to have his story told.