Which track is better in your opinion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
We have a new arrival @Big Wiz who by the sounds of it will fit right in and suprise you with the sound he has bought forth today. He is showcasing with @CrushedGroove Give their music a listen as you prepare for the next round of the tournament. With that said lets get to the music

@CrushedGroove

@Big Wiz

Please leave a vote and comment for the competitors
Enjoy!

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Both of these tracks are fire.

@CrushedGroove this is straight up west coast! The arrangement is great, and better than the last track you submitted The switch of the drums half way through the verse adding an 808 was a nice touch, and the hook is as clear as day now.

Great work.
Everything is so well laced production wise, if anything for this track I would turn the hi hat down a bit (about 5% from where you currently have it leveled, and mess with the velocity a tad more.) With just that small change t that's a hit record with some vocals on it.

@Big Wiz This track is excellent! The drums are clean, and really hit. The bassline grooves, everything fits. I love the dust/record effect you added for ambience, it's a tad bit loud for my taste, but overall I love the feel it adds to the track.

As far as arrangement I preferred @CrushedGroove the only thing that wouldn't let me vote for the track straight away is the drum mix, which again can be fixed with a slight adjustment of the hi hat.

The only thing that stopped me from voting for @Big Wiz right away was the dust, and because that's a little loud, it spoils some of the enjoyment within the track. However I also feel that if that dust wasn't in their, the feel and the vibe would also be ruined so its a catch 22. If this was in the tournament it would be one of those matchups where I wouldn't vote for days. I'm going to make sure that this showcase gets more ears, as this is the best one we've had in a while.

Scorecard

Mix- Tie

Drums- BW

Compositional elements- CG

Arrangement- CG

Enjoyment- Tie

Vote: @CrushedGroove Not by much, I listened to these about 30 times and this really does deserve more listens so I'm going to tag people like @LauderdaleBoss I'm sure he would appreciate this showcase because it really is a great one. Initially I was going to go with @Big Wiz because the overall sound is incredible, this match is so close that I literally had to break everything down into sections. and just check boxes that easily could be flipped with other listeners. I hope to hear more music from both of you. This really is E40 vs J.Cole.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Pretty fukking good sparring. Crazy how both had similar vibes.

Crush beat was dope and was mad chill. Felt it was a lil repetitive, but the vibe was so dope, it doesn't take away from it too much. Like if it had a few more transitions imo it would improve. Other than it was good. Mix was clean too. Lowkey sounds like a more polished big rod beat. Smooth funky vibe.

voted for Wiz cuz that melody and vibe is just majestic. Only flaw to me is that lofi effect shyt is too loud. Like the beat could sound more clearer, still bang, and still have that dusty vibe. Just gotta tighten that up. Other than that, this shyt bang. I fukks with it heavy.

good shyt brehs, this one is close tho. More like what you prefer cuz neither blew the other way, but both brought something that excelled, but also a flaw that held it back its full potential a lil.

Billy Ocean

Divine Universal Black Man Representin'
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
Ayo @TallMan_J...

sonic-sonic-the-hedgehog.gif