Bill Simmons says Phelps = Pacquiao, Lochte = Mayweather

delta

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
why white people hate on Floyd like that??

When Lochte crushed Phelps on Saturday night, what stood out wasn't the race itself, but the general mood over the last 100 meters and especially right afterward. People just couldn't believe Phelps got trounced like that, and even worse, that he seemed so ordinary. This was like Pacquiao-Mayweather finally happening, then Floyd coming out and coldcocking Manny in Round 1.

Time to break down two of the Games' most iconic sports - Grantland

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I don't think he was really comparing either swimmer to a particular fighter....

...and even if he did, he's saying Floyd beat Manny in the first......hate? :childplease:

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
he's basically saying that's the feeling most cac's would have if money beat pacman, since most cac's aren't probably money fans. most of them like phelps more than lochte. or some shyt like that, it's late breh.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS

he was clearly insinuating it. He admitted Smith is the bigger movie star and Reynolds was kind of a flop but basically saying Reynolds has the better Cinematographic and is the better actor, which I disagree with. I'm not about to read that whole article again just to show you the paragraph. l ready read this shyt a year ago. fukk that.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
he was clearly insinuating it. He admitted Smith is the bigger movie star and Reynolds was kind of a flop but basically saying Reynolds has the better Cinematographic and is the better actor, which I disagree with. I'm not about to read that whole article again just to show you the paragraph. l ready read this shyt a year ago. fukk that.

:mindblown:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
U don't talk bad bout Floyd and def

Mother fukk bet not say anything bout black excellence himself

WILL SMITH fukk THAT CRACKER

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I read the article a year ago too and nowhere does he say that, explicitly or implicitly.

He says despite being a solid actor, Reynolds isn't a movie star, makes shytty movies and is only considered one because Hollywood pushes him as such and he was married to a more famous actress.

He says that Smith calculates his movie roles, picking films that will make money. Smith has admitted this, he's admitted to studying the top grossing films and picking roles in special effects heavy movies.

He's built a brand, doesn't want to tarnish that and that affects the movies he picks. On the old threads about Django Unchained when he was rumored for the lead role, people were saying that he wouldn't take the role because it wouldn't fit within what he had built. He turned it down.

He doesn't compare the two at all. He picks two actors to discuss how Hollywood works, how perception is everything. Reynolds is a star because we're told he's one and Smith has gamed the system and hasn't taken advantage of it.

Now he compares Smith to Leo and Denzel, how they stretch themselves and Smith doesn't.

MAKAVELI25

the heir apparent
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang

:usure: Breh, step up your reading comprehension. Read that shyt SLLLOOOWWWLLLLYYY

Key points of the article:

-Will Smith is a solid actor, but has played it safe by following a movie making formula. He makes movies he feels are gonna be guaranteed to be box office successes

-Ryan Reynolds is a manufactured movie star, Hollywood is trying to make him a leading man when he is not.

I read this article months ago and I still remember the point dude was trying to make. :stopitslime:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Surprised he didnt try to make it a lame hip hop reference....As it stands that comparison is fckn lame...i would pay someone to slap him in an airport lounge and youtube it...