Black hairstyles in video games

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
Leroy Smith in Tekken is still the only acceptable baseline for dreadlocks in gaming. All that other mess is lazy and/or feminized garbage. FIFA, 2K, Miles Morales, whatever.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Could have sworn a character designer said afro/kinky hairstyles are easier to render(?) in games compared to cac hair, so I can't help but think it's some :mjpls: type of laziness when they default to cornrows or give you limited generic selections.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I'm convinced we only see cornrows due to Dreamcast NBA 2k1 putting Allen Iverson on the cover. Now it's even in Hogwarts Legacy. Yet, how many games offer brush waves as an option? Brush waves have been a fashionable Black hairstyle since the 50s, yet rarely show up in games, if at all.

Westbama Heartthrob

Irregular Zero
Daps
Reppin
7th District
I'm convinced we only see cornrows due to Dreamcast NBA 2k1 putting Allen Iverson on the cover. Now it's even in Hogwarts Legacy. Yet, how many games offer brush waves as an option? Brush waves have been a fashionable Black hairstyle since the 50s, yet rarely show up in games, if at all.
I dont think many game developers grow up around black people, so they have little to pull from outside of other games for hairstyles

Which is why we keep seeing the same shyt over and over. I'd like to see waves and the half moon part show up, but gonna be a long time before that :francis:

Hell, facial hair is surprisingly lacking in a lot of games. They be having shyt you know no nikka except blacula would have on his face :mjlol:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
i'm not a gamer so this was actually informative, the last game I played on my PC to completion was HALO 1 years ago and that was 2 or 3 years after it became really popular. the variety of hair styles are impressive. :ehh: