Black voters won a big victory in Louisiana. Some White voters said it violated their ‘personal dignity’

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines

Don’t vote gang

:patrice:

Continued in link

Black voters won a big victory in Louisiana. Some White voters said it violated their ‘personal dignity’​

By Tierney Sneed and Fredreka Schouten, CNN
Updated 5:09 PM EDT, Mon May 6, 2024
ap24102818586047.jpg

Stephen Smith/AP/File
The Louisiana Capitol is seen, April 4, 2023, in Baton Rouge, La.
CNN —
Nearly two years after a federal judge said that Louisiana’s congressional map diluted Black voting power, Black voters are at risk of voting for a second time in an election under a plan that likely violates the Voting Rights Act.
In response to the judge’s ruling, the state’s Republican legislature had created a second majority-African American district in the state’s six district congressional plan. But now, a different federal court has said that adding the second majority-Black district is unconstitutional.
The new ruling, issued Tuesday by two judges appointed by former President Donald Trump, leaves the state without a congressional map six months before the election and has fueled complaints of political gamesmanship from critics on the left who fret that the clash could provide another opening for opponents of the nation’s premier civil rights law to attack one of its remaining pillars.

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
I hellhole I'm glad I've never visited. Same with Mississippi