Blacks in power don't empower blacks but traditional nuclear family do

TheCPA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Montreal, Canada

What do you think about the arguments made in this video, I invite everyone to focus on the arguments and not the person or the channel, I know it's a conservative channel but sometimes those who are right are not necessarily in our camps, sometimes we have to look beyond our borders to seek the truth. So let's debate about this without getting emotional.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
fukk this Prager U c00n. HIs argument was filled with pull yourself up by your bootstraps tropes (if blacks only worked hard, went to college, formed families then our economic situation would change). nikka straight up said Michael Brown was shot dead after assaulting a police officer. c00n Train seat reserved for this dude,

:camby:

Just having a black as the Mayor, Senator, Congressman or even Governor does not give them autocratic powers to just pass any legislation they want. They still have to work with City Councils, State Legislatures etc and often times those opposing bodies work to undermine any real positives a black politician can make for the black community.

Strawmanning with Baltimore. Yes a lot of blacks are in prominent positions but the white FOP and Police Unions still have too much power and the Baltimore Control Board (i think that is the name aka rich whites who control things behind the scenes) often use their influences to override what the City Council wants.

Peep this report from by William Darity Jr., Darrick Hamilton, Mark Paul, Alan Aja, Anne Price, Antonio Moore, and Caterina Chiopris

https://socialequity.duke.edu/sites.../files/site-images/FINAL COMPLETE REPORT_.pdf

Another report from Hamilton and Darity

The Political Economy of Education, Financial Literacy, and the Racial Wealth Gap
https://files.stlouisfed.org/files/...ancial-literacy-and-the-racial-wealth-gap.pdf

Unlimited Welfare tropes
:camby:

Using German, Jews and Asians economic successes to shyt on blacks while ignoring these groups did not experience the type racism and terrorism we experienced.

goatmane

Veteran
Daps
yeah, a 1964 report said the similar thing. i forget the name of it

Last edited:

PL368Z

All Star
Daps
You can't take anything that channel says about black people seriously considering they regularly deny the existence of constitutional racism or regular racism for that matter,

the whole pull yourself up by your bootstraps talking point that this video is structured around isn't anything new either.

saturn7

Politics is an EXCHANGE!!!
Daps
Reppin
DMV Freedman
yeah, a 1964 report said the similar thing. i forget the name of it

The Moynihan Report. My take from that report is if black men were elevated and had the economic opportunities that whitemen had/have the black household would be stronger and more stable.

There was a lot of controversy when it was released. A lot of black folks took as he was shytting on the behavior patterns of blacks.

BGS has done some good vids on this.