Brawlout (Smash Bros Clone) for PC, PS4, XB1, Switch

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Brawlout has been out on PC ($20 on Steam) for awhile and is releasing for Nintendo Switch on Dec 19th and will show up on Xbox One and PS4 early next year. It might be the same price for console versions. I'm getting this for Switch in 11 days instead of waiting on Smash Bros.

Brawlout launches December 19 for Switch, early 2018 for PS4 and Xbox One - Gematsu

I don't know much about this game so I looked for reviews by major outlets. There are none. So here's the very first review that pops up on Steam:

---------

by Spruzo

I am a Smash 4 player (1500+ hours on my console alone) who always wanted to get into melee but the lack of updated control schemes, and melee skill ceiling always detured me. It would take a couple page article to explain every detail and how it compares but trust me when I say this is a very good game with loads of potential.

Pros:
-Graphics are beautiful. Animations are fluid and crisp. It really does look like a fun game I could play casually with friends.
-Gameplay is fast. No landing lag so no need to L-cancel. When you are in advantage state it's easier to stay there than in Smash 4. Disadvantage state feels fair due to the rage mechanic (google it).
-Characters, while few, are fun to play and have a personality to them. Nothing like Overwatch levels of personality but they feel more dimensional than Rivals of Aether fighters.
-Dev team is extremely responsive and receptive. Join the discord channtel and you will have an opportunity to shape the game. Devs really do care about the game and want to listen so make your voice heard!

Cons:
-Not a whole lot of people online at the moment. If you want to find a match hop into the discord server and ask someone to play. I think everyone goes online, doesn't get matched for 10+ minutes, and then goes back to melee/smash4/brawlhalla/RoA... etc. Once the community grows it will be fine.
-This game is $20. It will most likely go F2P with loot boxes but at this time you gotta shell out some cash.

I personally would have spent more money (no doubt price will increase on full release and on Switch). Angry Mob's take on platform fighters isn't necessarily the ''smash killer'' or innovative enough to push the genre forward. However, what Angry Mob does have is a well thought out and executed gem which checks all the right boxes.

Edits: spelling and such

_____

I assume finding people online to play with will be a better experience on Switch since indies on Steam do way better with Nintendo.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I like how you put PC first in the thread title. :obama:

Don't think I haven't noticed that almost everybody puts PC last :ufdup:
My first 'game system' was a PC. Floppy disc era bruh.

I have a PC-related gaming thread too My Emulation Setup

Was trying to teach peeps how to play console games on their computer instead of buying all them damn consoles.

PC + Switch is the ultimate combo.

My gaming laptop is fukking broke I gotta fix that shyt until then I'm just gaming on Switch.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
Okay just played it for a bit, While there is no block button, there is a dodge button and it also works when you're in the air.

I haven't played Smash Bros in a long time so I can't compare but I got used to the controls quickly after a tutorial and after realizing the face buttons had some similarities with the fighting game ARMS.

I like the game so far. It's pretty full-featured.

Dre Space Age

Supporter
Daps
I hate this fukking game because too much content is locked up. how you going to give us only four or five stages?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This game is terrible. Bought it when it came out and gave up after like 30 minutes. Bland character designs, boring presentation and the gameplay is stiff and lacks polish compared to Smash.

Slap City is the BEST Smash Clone out