Breaking Down This Black Male & Black Female Ish Once And For All

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
All of that actually applies to a lot of blk chicks too. Our race has layers of insecurities that have to be resolved from being told we're not good enuff being blk in a white society.

It's some of that, and also as I always say....I think we speak to harshly to each other. I be cringing when I hear dudes just referring to chiks as bytches so casually. That and the use of the n-word. I never rolled with that.

Last edited:

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
I've always felt like black women love black men. It's clear that they do when you see how hard they ride for black men whenever there is a threat of them losing us (via other races of women, death, jail, leaving the country). But due to the economic circumstances that be, that make it hard for black men to be providers and protectors they don't respect black men. Those are two different things. :manny:
You summed up my whole OP.

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I guess as an educator I feel the need to point out that you shouldn't undermine blk women's achievements bc it starts young. I see more young blk girls working harder in school than many of their blk male counterparts. This is due to a lot of factors (k-12 education model is toxic for young males especially young blk males) but definitely NOT b/c we're being given anything by white society. It starts young. Nobody gave me a 4.0 gpa or tolerated me in an MA program. Hell nobody gave me anything. To sit here and pretend that blk women have been given a pass like we haven't worked out azzes off, sometimes by ourselves or with children is so disrespectful.

I actually don't have a problem with blk males, but I do have a problem with the US culture many accept. It's hedonistic, toxic, anti-committment, high on perpetual adolescence, and shuns any responsibility for adulthood. It also glorifies hoes, while ironically denigrating them as well.

The major problem I've seen is that too many of our men give their best to the worst female elements of our race. There is a reason why only 1/4 of blk women are mothers to 70% of OOW children. The majority of ur women are single and childless. The thots are our baby boomers. Why?

I think many blk men do this b/c no one wants to admit it, but many blk men have low self-esteem. I'm starting to see and understand this more and more. Blk men don't believe in themselves as protectors and providers, so they chase or court easy women or thots. Women they know it won't work out with. Women that they won't have to be responsible for.

Compounding this issue is the self hate some also have for their own race. They've internalized all stereotypes about their own culture especially their women. Or some just use these stereotypes to justify running from their own community. Man I just posted in another thread where blk dude's descriptions of his own women read like a walking breathing stereotype. Whichever the case may be, they seek escapism in women of other races. And secretly they are actually trying to emulate white men in their dealings with blk women b/c they've been brainwashed into thinking that they should marry white (top of social totem pole) but fukk black (the only acceptable acknowledgement is sexual objectification for lowest totem pole women).

And blk women see this playing out against us. We see the excuses used to dismiss us. The lies and stereotypes accepted to justify the glorification of other races of women. It's not that we need you to be rich or resent you for having to struggle in Western society where the chips are stacked against ALL of us. It's that u don't SEE us. And some don't wanna see anything but the worst of us b/c they never wanted us anyway.

Goddamn truth