Brehs, Brehettes...I'm worried about the current & future gens

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
With the rise of streaming services and social media, I feel like young people don't appreciate movies and tv shows the same way we used/still do. Used to be an episode would sit with you for a week and you could breakdown every aspect of it and see a the little details that went into crafting the episode. Same thing with movies too, but now due to the change in viewership, you can't tell me young folks aren't just getting burgers when we used to get steaks.

Then you look at what tik tok and youtube are producing (what kids are mainly watching) and how can that shyt produce someone with good taste who can intelligently breakdown what they're seeing :sadcam::gucci: I get on youtube and their front page ain't nothing but muthafukkas looking goofy on the right side of the screen reacting to some bullshyt and them shyts got millions of views...people really sitting down to watch a muthafukka react to another shytty video

this new form of media is producing the minimum least interesting "art" and it's gonna become the standard one day unfortunately...no way anyone who is growing up with this new media is gonna have good taste in movies & television brehs :mjcry:and down the road, those influenced by this won't produce classic material of their own :mjcry:

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
That’s what you worried about?
What about all the gay shyt???

If you don’t go out & watch Netflix you would think gays, lesbians & wtv else represent between 50 to 60% of the population.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
Youtube and tiktok shouldnt even be compared to movies and TV. Its a completely different medium with completely different uses. Its evident when many youtube stars try to transition into TV, most fail.

As for series losing fan engangement, maybe for regular primetime shows but for big hits like GOT, Westworld, Walking Dead, Mandolorian etc the fandom culture has evolved way beyond what it use to be.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
honestly, the media should be moving in a new format
old heads are holding it back
every other media format has had a disruption change
Streaming should be bigger

Nero Christ

Sniper out now on all digital platforms brev
Daps
Reppin
St. Lucia
Youtube and tiktok shouldnt even be compared to movies and TV. Its a completely different medium with completely different uses. Its evident when many youtube stars try to transition into TV, most fail.

As for series losing fan engangement, maybe for regular primetime shows but for big hits like GOT, Westworld, Walking Dead, Mandolorian etc the fandom culture has evolved way beyond what it use to be.

I'm comparing yt/tik tok to movies & tv because that seems to be where young people are getting their entertainment from mostly...they're not watching TV now a days like they used to but they are on social media digested content they think is great, that's gonna influence their idea of what good visual art is .

honestly, the media should be moving in a new format
old heads are holding it back
every other media format has had a disruption change
Streaming should be bigger

I actually agree with old heads holding back tech as I constantly complain about shows/movies not coming out on 4K blu rays but being available on dvd

however, do you think these streaming sites aren't just creating shows/movies for the purpose of being time wasters/site fillers for keeping subs rather than releasing worthwhile and interesting art...maybe these sites could use better screening of ideas for what they publish, but that kind of run counters to needing something to keep people always interested in your streaming service.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
You make a good point OP. I've thought about that too. I don't see this generation producing many Scorceses and Tarantinos.
You realize there are more Uwe Bolls than Tarantinos in history.

The good stuff always rises to to the top but there’s a lot of mediocre stuff it’s floating in no matter what the decade.