Brehs, How Did You Get Your Internships?

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
:mindblown:

I swear it's like in order to get an internship you HAVE to have had a job already in the field your applying for (IT, Software development etc.)
or the grades

"We went with a more experienced candidate" :upsetfavre:

I just wanna know, from all the brehs on here eating
what did you do to get the experience and eventually the job you want.

What else do I need to do, because Ik just going to my college classes aint gonna cut it

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
BTW i know about networking

Have an uncle who's a Project developer/Head of IT dept for this agency

if he could just give me an internship he would
:to:

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Getting a job is a full time job. You need to ask for more detailed advice if you keep getting turned down on your follow up and work to address those meetings. Make sure you come across as genuine and positive and not just someone who's looking for just anything. There's a lot more, but constantly apply and build on your resume. Show off your passion because at a point a lot of what determines your effectiveness, promotions, and bonuses will be a result of your ability to learn, adapt, and do so without your hand being held.

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
:mindblown:

I swear it's like in order to get an internship you HAVE to have had a job already in the field your applying for (IT, Software development etc.)
or the grades

"We went with a more experienced candidate" :upsetfavre:

I just wanna know, from all the brehs on here eating
what did you do to get the experience and eventually the job you want.

What else do I need to do, because Ik just going to my college classes aint gonna cut it
Two of the easiest ways is to simply look on job boards and pray to black Jesus, or if you are still in university as I assume you are from your initial post to take a gap year placement out before your final year and do an internship that way. Universities have deals with some big corporations my old university had one with IBM and Microsoft (in the UK) and they would literally take dozens of those that proved themselves.

If it was up to me I'd go for the gap year placement because they'll be likely to hire you after completing your final year.

Maybe you need to think outside of the box and apply for companies and organisations outside of your own city, state or country in order to broaden your job search.

Stay positive. I'm in the same boat too.:mjcry:

Last edited:

litty

Pro
Daps
@NameisAdamus @Jimmy Two-Times™

I forgot to mention, it's good to start looking for internships early (summer is a great time to start). What I would suggest is creating a list of companies within your field of study that you would love to work at within a spreadsheet. Then visit their websites and find application info and contact information (email, phone number, and web address) so that it will be easier for you to apply when opportunities are available. Good luck brehs :smile:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Luck and timing and where you are looking for it. On a school website you are more likely to get an internship. Also if you are looking for internships during times like when school starts again is a good time too

But if you aren't hearing back at all you need to fix your resume up, you are probably missing components they want out of a candidate

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
i was lucky..back then my full ride scholarship included getting referrals from the president of my college himself...he was putting in a good word to someone he knew at the company where i would eventually do my first internship :wow: