Brittney Griner might be sentenced up to 5 years in Russian labor camp

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
It's difficult to imagine them releasing the world's most famous arms dealer in exchange for a mid-level celebrity caught up on the most minor possible drug charge. Especially since it basically would set the standard for Russia to imprison any American they wanted whenever they needed another Russian crook released.

I imagine it's going to be a long-ass waiting game. US State Department is going to work for her release via other means, then will offer some far less-significant Russian up in a prisoner swap. Putin will hold out for the Merchant of Death. I don't see either side blinking.

Maybe Biden would move earlier for political considerations....but if Biden releases a war criminal in order to gain the freedom of a WNBA star most Americans don't even know anything about, does that even help him politically? It might just be played as him getting worked by Putin.

I think her best bet is to get released as a minor piece of a larger deal, like a pullback of US sanctions or some shyt.

I don’t see her coming home anytime soon, I’m hoping I’m wrong though.

Rhakim

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Inglewood
Super liberal Bill Maher called it;

Anyone who calls Bill Maher "super liberal" in 2022 is a clown, liberals hate Maher and the feeling is mutual. He's a fukking libertarian, not a liberal. :mjlol:

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
It's difficult to imagine them releasing the world's most famous arms dealer in exchange for a mid-level celebrity caught up on the most minor possible drug charge. Especially since it basically would set the standard for Russia to imprison any American they wanted whenever they needed another Russian crook released.

I imagine it's going to be a long-ass waiting game. US State Department is going to work for her release via other means, then will offer some far less-significant Russian up in a prisoner swap. Putin will hold out for the Merchant of Death. I don't see either side blinking.

Maybe Biden would move earlier for political considerations....but if Biden releases a war criminal in order to gain the freedom of a WNBA star most Americans don't even know anything about, does that even help him politically? It might just be played as him getting worked by Putin.

I think her best bet is to get released as a minor piece of a larger deal, like a pullback of US sanctions or some shyt.
Man it would be better just to let her do 5 to ten and be done with it. She's a promenient Political Prisoner a world class athlete and 6'9" She's a woman and a lesiban no one is gonna rape her and she probably isn't gonna go to the worse gulag in Siberia.

If i were Biden I'd continue to negoitate remain in contact with her Tell Putin that if he harms her she's gonna write a tell all book and let the time run out. Other than allowing him to sell some oil on the low or looking the other way if some other country sells them some military tech I wouldn't swap shyt for the reasons you state. If Biden gives in to the wokesters on this Then that dude Philko is defenitely getting locked up.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Anyone who calls Bill Maher "super liberal" in 2022 is a clown, liberals hate Maher and the feeling is mutual. He's a fukking libertarian, not a liberal. :mjlol:

Again that Liberal lens at the end of the day did the shyt about trans kids make sense though?

I don't fukk with him either but damn when he's right he's right.

Rhakim

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Inglewood
Man it would be better just to let her do 5 to ten and be done with it. She's a promenient Political Prisoner a world class athlete and 6'9" She's a woman and a lesiban no one is gonna rape her and she probably isn't gonna go to the worse gulag in Siberia.

If i were Biden I'd continue to negoitate remain in contact with her Tell Putin that if he harms her she's gonna write a tell all book and let the time run out. Other than allowing him to sell some oil on the low or looking the other way if some other country sells them some military tech I wouldn't swap shyt for the reasons you state. If Biden gives in to the wokesters on this Then that dude Philko is defenitely getting locked up.

She's an American being held by a foreign enemy on a bullshyt charge, so the State Department should fight for her release. They just shouldn't compromise national security or human rights in order to do it. Hard to see where success will be had, it's a no-win situation.

You're downplaying how bad Russian prisons are though, the former U.S. soldiers that were getting held under similar circumstances were fukking dying in there.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
She's an American being held by a foreign enemy on a bullshyt charge, so the State Department should fight for her release. They just shouldn't compromise national security or human rights in order to do it. Hard to see where success will be had, it's a no-win situation.

You're downplaying how bad Russian prisons are though, the former U.S. soldiers that were getting held under similar circumstances were fukking dying in there.

We essentially agree. The US should press for her release but not sell the farm to bring her home.

Anybody overseas should walk extremely light though, If I get hemmed up over here that's a problem I have health issues and will probably die in a Colombian Prison. If I think that I will rate even a third secretary from the embassy's visit then shame on me and I'm a "war hero".

There's two brehs in Jail in Ecuador for murder (some bodies where found on land they owned) no one has said a mumbling word:

Rhakim

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Inglewood
Biden should send " them special ops folks" to go get her. This is riduculous she's being held on a vape charge.

I'm assuming it would be easy to get in and out of a work camp, but how the hell you gonna get your team through all that Russian air space?

USA flying military squads into Russia without triggering nuke protocol. :lupe:

O Fenômeno

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Jerz/Seattle
Maybe pleading guilty will make them release her and ban her from entering that country for good. As long as she comes home i doubt she would care.
Russians have all the leverage.

Biden ain't gonna goto war for Britney. I have no faith in him.

If Putin decides she's doing 10...she doing 10.

Any prisoner swap would be mercy from Putin.

Who knows what Biden is willing g to put on the table to have her released.

ORDER_66

Hellcat Season 2022
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Didn't britney get married to a white woman?!!? So who's the black chick on the interview???? WTF....:dahell:

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I fukk with you, but you see the world in a liberal lens, We just got Gay marriage legalized under Obama we also got gays in the military any Gay person will tell you that gays have always been around even under severe hard on gays policies.

Gays got what they wanted and what happened now what a Man or a women is in question. maybe just maybe people see the bullshyt a mile away. Make shyt totally illegal almost no one gets arrested and people literally do what they want in their own bedrooms. Make it a political issue and suddenly it's a whole wave

Super liberal Bill Maher called it;

Bill Maher is a racist libertarian

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
what in the fukk do they Expect the NBA to do ??? What type of stupid fukk shyt is this,, this why i hate the news

:what:

Brittney Griner has been abandoned by the NBA stars who could help her the most​

The NBA has been subsidizing the WNBA for like 25 years. They’ve done enough.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL