Brittney Griner pleaded guilty in a Russian court to drugs charges that could see her face 10 years in prison; Update: sentenced to 9 years

profound

technique
Daps
Yes, I do. Based on their law. I don't agree with it but it is their law.

''based on their law''? i didn't ask you to answer from the perspective of russian law, i understand ''russian law'' might believe justice was done.

i asked if you yourself believe she is being rightfully detained. if you don't agree with it, the answer is no, you don't believe so.

They didn't give her a bullshyt charge because she was American. She was treated and charged like every other person. They haven't done anything foul here.

this is nonsense and there's only one type of american we should expect this from, even though they know better.

:52 to 1:45

People in Russia who are convicted and sentenced under that article in the Russian Federation usually receive about a year -- two years, maybe. Nine is unheard of. I never saw that the entire time I was there. As well as my case, I received nine and that was actually the largest sentence ever handed down for that criminal article in Russia, ever.

do u think for a second that trevor reeds neighbors were at the dinner table remarking how much he fukked up, since russians happen to count calendar years as dog years when it comes to the right american?

hood b. goode

stacking krabby patties
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
UMich + New Orleans

giphy.webp

Morethan1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
I honestly wish that Lebron and Jordan and some other HIGH PROFILE athletes go over there and try to have a sitdown with some of Russian leaders on her behalf. Im not saying they could get her out of there, but I do think celebrity status is a great option.

Ali would have done something like that. Athletes with these half ass support statements.. put a team together and try to go help her. stop waiting for these white men who created a beef with Russia to do the job.

We've given Ukrainian billions of dollars to fight Russia. This is a real and ongoing war and you think LeBron and Jordan can stop this shyt?

:russ:

Do y'all nikkas no5 watch the news?

iceberg_is_on_fire

Who the hell knows what is happening in Allen Park
Daps
Reppin
Done eating kneecaps, we need Ws now
''based on their law''? i didn't ask you to answer from the perspective of russian law, i understand ''russian law'' might believe justice was done.

i asked if you yourself believe she is being rightfully detained. if you don't agree with it, the answer is no, you don't believe so.

this is nonsense and there's only one type of american we should expect this from, even though they know better.

:52 to 1:45

do u think for a second that trevor reeds neighbors were at the dinner table remarking how much he fukked up, since russians happen to count calendar years as dog years when it comes to the right american?

You are answering the question. Their law is the only thing that matters. The state I live in, Indiana, just passed a near 100% ban of abortion and that is one of the worst things that could ever be done. However, if someone were to try to get an abortion after September 15, there will be hell to pay for them and you can't just hand wave the law away. You can't just travel around the world, go and respect laws ala carte that you like and not follow those that you don't like. Damn near every place on this earth says the same when it comes to ignorance of the law is not a defense. nor has it ever been.

Thomas Jefferson said, “Ignorance of the law is no excuse in any country. If it were, the laws would lose their effect, because it can always be pretended.”

That's the only principle that matters here. I'm not even that big of a 'rules are rules' stickler but if you are moving in hostile territory as well, That's on you.

Security Alert – U.S. Embassy Moscow, Russia (February 09, 2022)

The U.S. Embassy reminds U.S. citizens that the Department of State’s Travel Advisory level for Russia is at “Level 4: Do Not Travel” for reasons including harassment against U.S. citizens, harassment by Russian government security officials, and the arbitrary enforcement of local law, as well as increased tensions along the border with Ukraine.

If doing this search took me all of 5 minutes, why couldn't she do the same? Nothing was hidden from her. Note, she got arrested on February 17th. It is your responsibility to learn/know these things. We sometimes check the weather when we are going out for the day, you mean to tell me that you can't see what is up when you are going to a land ruled by a dictator? Seems illogical to me.

So, again, the question. Was she rightfully detained. Yes, she had everything she was accused of, she acknowledged that she had it. After that, it's just conjecture.

This is what constantly runs in my head on this as far as my personal feelings. Is a 9-year prison sentence for Brittney Griner smuggling cannabis oil for personal use too harsh? Yes. Is smuggling cannabis oil into a country that has anti-western sentiment and a zero-tolerance policy for cannabis one of the most stupid things a person could do? Also yes.

That's where we are.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This shyt has really gotten stuck on stupid on here…

Even the SUGGESTION that Lebron James, Michael Jordan or ANY black athlete should put their lives on the line trying to negotiate with Vladimir fukking Putin is a moron. Plain and simple. The fukk is WRONG with some of ya’ll nikkas?!!?

The simple truth is that this is a responsibility that lies on those within the United States Government. If Joe Biden and Kamala Harris can’t negotiate the freedom of an American citizen being prosecuted on what is most likely trumped up (falsified) charges then that constitutes a failure of our Commander In Chief. PERIOD.

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Russia has come out and said they will negotiate and work out a deal if it’s in “silence”. Let’s see if people actually heed those works and keep quiet if it means helping her get out of jail. The exact thing the US told her camp to do before they ran to social media and thinking that it would help her case.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Russia has come out and said they will negotiate and work out a deal if it’s in “silence”. Let’s see if people actually heed those works and keep quiet if it means helping her get out of jail. The exact thing the US told her camp to do before they ran to social media and thinking that it would help her case.

Don't most prisoner swaps happens behind close doors anyway??? These things usually don't get discuss in public

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Don't most prisoner swaps happens behind close doors anyway??? These things usually don't get discuss in public
Yep and it now makes total sense why Russia never responded to the US offer publicly until after she got sentenced. The US knew that, yet still leaked the offer out to the public anyways for PR purposes. That also means that the US were ones leaking the information the entire time.

Here's the link btw from the Prime Minister and not Putin:

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This shyt has really gotten stuck on stupid on here…

Even the SUGGESTION that Lebron James, Michael Jordan or ANY black athlete should put their lives on the line trying to negotiate with Vladimir fukking Putin is a moron. Plain and simple. The fukk is WRONG with some of ya’ll nikkas?!!?

The simple truth is that this is a responsibility that lies on those within the United States Government. If Joe Biden and Kamala Harris can’t negotiate the freedom of an American citizen being prosecuted on what is most likely trumped up (falsified) charges then that constitutes a failure of our Commander In Chief. PERIOD.

I disagree with this take. Prisoner swaps are not one sided. It takes two to agree and both countries are back to cold war era style of politics. The probability that Russia makes reasonable demands is extremely low so Biden and the US government should not be faulted for not kowtowing to that.

I don't like this style of political opinions where if a situation doesn't happen favorably for your government it is their fault without regarding any type of context. It's a braindead take.