Bruce Prichard On The Rock's '99 Run And His Reaction To Owen Hart's Death Backstage

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!

WWE NEWS
Bruce Prichard on why The Rock and Shawn Michaels did not like each other, Rock’s reaction to Owen Hart’s death

During the latest episode of “Something To Wrestle With,” Bruce Prichard and Conrad Thompson covered The Rock’s WWF run in 1999.

They cover The Rock winning the WWF/WWE Championship from Mankind in January 1999, Tony Schiavone’s comment about that match during WCW Monday Nitro, The Rock’s feuds with Stone Cold Steve Austin, D-Generation X and much more.

Here are some highlights from the show:

Bruce Prichard talked about the Rock’s reaction to Owen Hart’s fall at Over the Edge in 1999: “It was hard on everybody. I remember Rock counting on the ambulance telling them to go. They were per law, and per whatever the protocol with the ambulance, there had to be another ambulance there before that ambulance can leave and all this other sh*t. They left and I would probably say that the big reason they left as quickly as they did was because I think Rock scared them enough thinking he was going to rip somebody out of that and drive the ambulance himself. That’s not an exaggeration. It was intense and it was tough on everybody. That was something that hit Rock especially hard.”

Prichard discussed the relationship between The Rock and Shawn Michaels in 1999: “They didn’t like each other. It was because of ego, especially back then. They were completely different people. I don’t think that Shawn saw a whole lot in Rock at the time. Rock didn’t really like Shawn so it was oil and water at the time. They did not mesh.”

Two of my favourite wrestlers from '98-'99:wow:
EDal9lWXkAEfzNg.jpg:large

x1080

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
It's only 22-23 years later and 3 of the 5 guys in that picture are dead :mjcry:
Oh shyt, that's Big Van Vader?:ohhh:

R.I.P. His prime was a little before my time but what I've seen he was full of fukkery. I remember he did a podcast with Stone Cold and everything he said I looked up about his matches and they were all fire. He was built like a brick house even before he died.:wow:

AzGeVa0CEAMQaTx.jpg

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Wen hbk reffed the match vs rock and hhh at first smackdown

Dude legit spit at the rock after he sold the kick

:scust:
I might need to check that out. :ohhh:

It's crazy how Rocky never called WWE out for all of their racial shyt even at his height I remember DX doing blackface. I don't even think people remember that coz it's never shown. But, right now he starring as Black Adam for DC. He's "black" when it suits him.:martin:

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I might need to check that out. :ohhh:

It's crazy how Rocky never called WWE out for all of their racial shyt even at his height I remember DX doing blackface. I don't even think people remember that coz it's never shown. But, right now he starring as Black Adam for DC. He's "black" when it suits him.:martin:

12:54 mark

Jimmy Two-Times™

Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!

12:54 mark

I know wrestlers have spat at eachother loads of times but the racial tension between the members of DX that I've heard first hand accounts of and this tell a different story that they were actually trying to bury him for no reason Just like they tried to do to Stone Cold 2 years prior and succeeded before he got too hot.:mjtf:

I've just lost some respect for HBK. I used to create hand drawn posters and hang them up on my door as a kid. I'm gonna give him the benefit of the doubt and just pretend he was too far to land his gob on The Rock.:mjcry: