Bruiser Brody's Death Sounds Like White Colonization/Priveledge Gone Wrong

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
sorry dude died, but im gonna keep it a buck about bruiser body's death, and im surprised that im the 1st one to say this.

im not feeling what brody was trying to do, and he should've known better, but I guess he was blinded by white priveledge.

backdoor your way into ownership of a company where you know they prolly don't rock with you, especially Gonzales who definitely doesn't like you after you did him more than dirty in that match. then you go around telling tony atlas and prolly a bunch of other people about how theres gonna be changes around there. then add the fact that this is a whole different country/culture, and you already have pre-existing physical beef with one of the higher-ups. yet this is the promotion that you choose to backdoor an ownership stake of?

sounds like some white colonization bullchit.

I know this is gonna make a lot of people uncomfortable and the resident retards are gonna come in here wasting a lot of bandwidth. but I wanna see what some of the more knowledgeable posters have to say about this, and if they know more about the situation than the general narrative that's usually given. cuz the viceland documentary is the first time I really looked into this story like that. beforehand, I thought it was just some locker room beef that got ugly.

Last edited:

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
The ownership of the company rumour has been outed as complete made up bullshyt. His own wife who Brody shared all his business details with confirmed it was bs, as did Meltzer who was very close with Brody. Get taught wrestling history by Vice hipsters, brehs.

Brody was obviously a tough guy to work with, and maybe borderline a bully when you hear about him working extra stiff against people he didn't like, but white colonization? C'mon son.

Mʀ2ᴋDᴇᴇᴢ

Licensed New Age Healer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Midwest
Alonzo-Mourning.gif

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't argue with this too much, is a shame dude died for him and his family but he wasn't completely innocent, he did beat the hell out of Invader prior. Then being stubborn and arrogant like that and then coming into someone's country and company throwing your weight around too there was bound to be bitterness and resentment. Invader's child drowned that week too I think. Like I said death is strong because maybe he could have repented but he wasn't an entirely innocent victim in the situation. It was basically beef that got out of hand, if he conducted himself differently it wouldn't have happened. Why make unnecessary enemies?

Blessed Koala

Climbing the Pulpit
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama
:ohhh:Breh......I'm not going to lie, you are spewing truth in this thread. Like yeah Brody was a dikkhead and a paranoid psycho about his spot. That energy caught up with him despite how fukked up the situation was:manny:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Not sure if I'd call it colonization, but it was def. a guy who was somewhat of a bully that probably thought he was gonna run shyt... probably woulda tried to do the same thing in the US but people like Vince and Crockett weren't touchin' him with a 10-foot pole cause they knew how he got down. He had a reputation as a shaky person to do business with.

Do I think he shoulda been killed? Nah. But like everyone's sayin' in the thread, he'd probably worked up that level of dislike down there with the stuff he was doing.

Beautiful Bobby Eatin

SWEEEEEEEEEETNESS!
Daps
Reppin
Terra Belle, Georgia
Not sure if I'd call it colonization, but it was def. a guy who was somewhat of a bully that probably thought he was gonna run shyt... probably woulda tried to do the same thing in the US but people like Vince and Crockett weren't touchin' him with a 10-foot pole cause they knew how he got down. He had a reputation as a shaky person to do business with.

Do I think he shoulda been killed? Nah. But like everyone's sayin' in the thread, he'd probably worked up that level of dislike down there with the stuff he was doing.
This. He tried to run someone elses block and got dealt with. It's how it goes... Might as well have been Tuesday :yeshrug:

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Cant read that post because of the font :picard:

But that being said, as a puerto rican it was still fukked up. And it made me look at the Colons in a whole new light than the stories my father used to tell me as a boy.