Busta Rhymes tells Bobby Shmurda he's the King of NY

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Only the King of NY himself Nas can take his crown off and give it to another rapper from NY.

Here's another Warrior Song from Nasty and Quan
It's to him I pass the baton to carry this on

:mjlol:

Nah. If you're KONY, New Yorkers will tell you. How much that means these days is another conversation...

King Kai

Supporter
Daps
fair. I didn’t think boogie still had it when pop took off, but I could be wrong.
The only thing that keep Boogie from running the town is the lack of aggression in his music but I don't think that's his lane. He in that melodic lane.

What made Pop so unstoppable was that he had the melodies and the aggression. :ohlawd: It's just a rare combination to perfect.

Daps
NY is the only city nikkas talk that king shyt for.

I don’t see Lil Baby and 21 Savage arguing over whose “King of Atlanta”.

Hov can possibly be the king of NY because he’s still a relevant rapper culturally and a powerful figure overall.

If we going with the young nikkas Pop Smoke really had that 50/DMX energy. He’s completed dominated the charts posthumously and had the city on lock when he lived.

A-Boogie also got a good case when you look at his plaques and how many sons he’s birthed since he came out in 2016. He’s just too low key and introverted. Pop was a lot more visible and made harder music.

Let’s be honest

These nikkax will ALWAYS see NYC as their alcoholic father who skipped out but they still expect so much from. No sense in in doing the why is why stuff

NYC is held to the standard whether intentionally or subconsciously