Byke before you get a chance to miss us: Miami Heat 2020 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'The Coliseum' started by Da_Eggman, Oct 11, 2020.

1. OfTheCross

OfTheCross Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Primetime21 dapped this.
  2. Sauce Dab

Sauce Dab Veteran Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $288593.00

3. intruder v6.1

intruder v6.1 SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Love
    Coli Cash:
    $346050.00

Bam is a fukking 23 y/o ascending talent that still has a lot of potential to further expand his game. If you don't pay him who the fukk are you paying?

4. Stringer Cochran

Stringer Cochran Better Ring String Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

waiting another year so I can have space to sign Giannis and him.

5. intruder v6.1

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Love
    Coli Cash:
    $346050.00

Tatum, D-Mitchell all got their extensions. I'm sure as soon as Bam's agent saw that he was pushing the Heat for the extension offer. Last thing you want is for your homegrown star to feel disrespected by the front office while he's on a contract year risking injury without security. The heat prides itself in taking care of its players.

What's the american saying? 2 birds in the bush isnt guaranteed as one in your hand?

I'm sure I fukked that up but you get what I mean:russ:

6. Draje

Draje Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $343625.00

Yeah, that looks real good to potential free agents and stars.

“Hey, screw taking care of the blossoming star we drafted and developed! Let’s focus on the shiny new star we can attract!

Bam, at worst, was just as impactful and important to the Heat as Tatum or Brown was to the Celtics. He straight up had more impact on the series than Tatum did too and we saw him dominate a game 7 in the ECF in the clutch.

You’d be a trash GM lol

Inertia Creeps dapped this.
  7. intruder v6.1

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Love
    Coli Cash:
    $346050.00

Been watching a few Achiuwa games. Homie strikes me more as a bigger KZ than the Bam-lite some have suggested.

By that i mean he was used as a big and was expected to play down low or finish pick & rolls on offense in college. But i think he'll need to bulk up a little to play a similar role in the NBA. I love that he's very active around the rim especially on the offensive glass but again that was against smaller college players. Like Bam and Lebron he's not afraid to jump into a crowd to battle for a rebound and like Lebron he's got that quick second jump for those situations. He' also has some range kinda like Okpala but Okpala may be the better shooter overall.

What im trying to say is he'll need a good half a season to a full season to bulk up to comfortably play the bigger 4s n the NBA. Spo will bring him up to par slowly kinda like how he did Bam at first.

8. B1G_controversy

B1G_controversy Superstar

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

If you think Bam is on Tatum's level, you're smoking d!ck

Bam dominated the Boston series bc he was being defended by Daniel Theis. AD served him in the finals. Matchups are everything in the nba.

With that said, Bam could develop into a 20-12-6 player. You'd want him as your 2nd best player but I don't see superstar. Tatum will be a top 3 player in the league.

Bam deserved his money tho.

9. intruder v6.1

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Love
    Coli Cash:
    $346050.00

Bam outplayed most bigs he played not named Anthony Davis in the regular season and in the playoffs. Only players that i can think of that Bam isnt as effective against is usually AD and Gobert. It's no secret that he struggled against AD in the regular season so we expected that. But Id Donovan Mitchell and Dearon Fox and all these other cats getting max contracts, then why not Bam?

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  10. Sauce Dab

Sauce Dab Veteran Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $288593.00

Samson dapped this.
  11. B1G_controversy

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

Bam deserves his money but I don't view him as a superstar. He's a modern day prime Sheed Wallace without the inside-out offensive game. I like Bam a lot but I don't think he can be the best player on a championship team, Tatum can be tho.

12. Draje

Draje Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $343625.00

Who the fukk cares? Are you implying that being guarded well by ANTHONY fukkING DAVIS somehow disproved anything I said? Who was guarding Embiid when the 76ers got swept and why does Bam being guarded by Theis matter when the Celtics were still one of the best defenses in the league and Bam still couldn’t be stopped.

Bam is a more versatile defender, a better playmaker, has better vision and decision making as a primary playmaker, a better rim protector, and better at everything that isn’t scoring. True or false?

Bam’s skill set makes him a matchup nightmare and he was straight up more impactful than Tatum across that entire series.

And Bam is literally a consistent jumper away from being a superstar. The only bigs that played better than Bam for the whole playoffs were Anthony Davis and Nikola Jokic.

Bam is a top three defensive center, at worst. Bam is the 2nd best passing center in the league, at worst.

number21 dapped this.
  13. B1G_controversy

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $200500.00

You do know Tatum defends 1-4 right? Bam is a better defender but Tatum is so much better offensively and is a damn good defender himself.

Bam doesn't have enough of an offensive arsenal to be a superstar

he's all star, secondary star caliber

14. Draje

Draje Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $343625.00

Seems like you only view the best player as “Who scores the most points in isolation settings” because Bam is literally better at everything than Tatum outside of creating space and shot creation ability.

number21 dapped this.
  15. Draje

Draje Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $343625.00

And? Tatum is great wing defender. Bam is an elite defensive anchor and impacts the game far bigger defensively than Tatum can.

Again, Bam is a better passer, playmaker, and decision maker with the ball. He’s capable of running an offense as a primary playmaker and make playoff reads better than a lot of guards in the league. Tatum literally just started making strides as a passer this year and he’s still not as good a passer as Bam.

You’re also discounting how valuable bigs that can run the offense from the top of the key. Bam showed it against the Celtics the entire series but you can’t disrespect him by putting players like Tatum, Brown, or even Smart on him because he’s capable of putting the ball on the floor and finishing through them so you have to commit a big to him.

Like I said, Bam is a jumper away from stardom and he was showing flashes during the entire playoffs.

number21 dapped this.