Can I ask for a raise at my job?! Advice please

EastAfrixan

Rookie
Daps
I have been working as an interface analyst at my job for approx. 9 months. We are two interface analyst on the I.T team. (My team is all black folks including my boss).

During the interview he asked how much I’d be comfortable with and I said 95k (I was new at this field. So I kinda thought that’s the range).

However, my teammate told me he asked for 110k and they gave it to him (we both started at the same time).

Is it possible to ask for a raise 9 months later, especially it being a 3 year contract job? My performance is great; hence, why I’m asking for an advice on this forum.

Can this work or should I just suck it up and stick to 95k for the next three years?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK,DE,MUFC,DMV
I have been working as an interface analyst at my job for approx. 9 months. We are two interface analyst on the I.T team. (My team is all black folks including my boss).

During the interview he asked how much I’d be comfortable with and I said 95k (I was new at this field. So I kinda thought that’s the range).

However, my teammate told me he asked for 110k and they gave it to him (we both started at the same time).

Is it possible to ask for a raise 9 months later, especially it being a 3 year contract job? My performance is great; hence, why I’m asking for an advice on this forum.

Can this work or should I just suck it up and stick to 95k for the next three years?

does your contract get extended or renewed (technicality) within that 3 years?

do you get overtime?

are they likely to extend you beyond the 3 years?

do you have an agent (agency / middleman)?

do you plan to tell them why you want the raise?

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
You should have said you were negotiable. When it comes time for your contract to be renewed request a raise.