Can someone explain white peoples obsession with Andre 3000?

Discussion in 'The Locker Room' started by KingZimbabwe, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Donny

Donny All Star

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

White peoples love Outkast in general my white homie been a Big Boi fan since high school they the most talented nikkas out the south

2. Greenhornet

Greenhornet A God Among Kings

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Rochester Ny
    Coli Cash:
    $341485.00

alot of people black and white underrate him

some of it is to force him to make music, others werent around for OUTKAST run

people that love him, I'll address the white people... they probably feel that he's different so they attach to it because being white they are different too
    then once you get into outkast, or if you lived through it. You were captured by the actual art and anticipation for what Dre was gonna do next. The entire world anticipates him because everyone knows he's fire and a genius

when people underrate, its funny... because you'd have to be there through the beginning. In many ways Andre 3000 was MF DOOM before MF DOOM. Obviously with a more pop, funk, rock tip. It wasnt phony with Dre, it was obvious that he was weird. He would show up in shoulder pads and demand a harmonic solo in songs. He would rap about flying through a blackhole and relate it to his thinking towards losing touch with 90s hiphop. Outkast makes a video for "The Whole World" which starts with Mike and Big Boi rapping about what you'd expect from that setting. Andre pops up dressed as death and the ringleader of the show. And then completely crashed the song into darkness and isolation. Its artistic and genius. Not for white people, they just found art in the culture where they can relate and stand behind for credibility. Its universally known that Outkast is dope, so saying you acknowledge that shows you are in the roundtable.

Dre on Jazzy Bell, B.o.B, Get Up Git Out, Trans DF Express, Its Okay, Rosa Parks, Tha Art Of Storytellin' etc show that people wait for them verses to drop. You wait to see what he's going to do with a track to fit his style. He just did it this year on Donda. His unpredictability is what people are after its nothing against other emcees or ratings
    no different than punchline rap, where you click a song and wonder what crazy punchline is about to pop out. He doesnt do art or music in a way to search for likes or shock value, he does it because its who he is. Its unfortunate because 95% of artists dont have the skill to be real and creative at the same time.

I say rating and placement aside because everyone pretends he overshadows BigBoi, its just Andre is such a unique artist that he surpasses most people in music in general. That goes back to the unpredictability. Its obvious Dre never made a song he didnt have fun with, and he never intended to make music to be debated skillwise. Which is a shame that people have done that, even mostly against his own group members. Its weird and insecure. Big Boi has dope 90s features, classic verses that carried so fresh and so clean etc and his own smash hits. There's no reason to debate one over the other, they are completely different people.

Hey Ya also wasnt when white people were put on to Outkast thats fairytale shyt
    it only works if you're speaking on upper class white people. Most of the white people I know
    had ATLIES and AQUEMINI on deck at all time :russ: people are rewriting shyt when they know they probably owned the shyt but kept it in the house. ATLIENS and AQUEMINI are a staple of white backpacker shyt. Same with Liquid Swords etc. Certain shyt, if it doesnt blow up enough... white people feel comfortable using as a talking piece. You wont see White people talk about their Nelly Cd, but they damn sure bought that bytch :mjlol: they do the same thing with WU ... nikkas screaming 5% shyt and white man is devil and they love it. They bring it up to show they are down. Outkast is like Miles Davis of rap talk

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021 at 4:24 AM
  3. Peak

Peak Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Dress sense

4. Amor fati

Amor fati Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Great Britain
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Fashion I guess

5. Lamar

Lamar All Star Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Denver
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Randy Moss just had a shytty QB. One of his best seasons was the year after he left.

But I do agree, I'm glad he is not forcing stuff and creating trash. I'd rather wait 10-15 years for one masterpiece album than have 3-4 trash ones. Im just glad to be a brother at a point he can do what the fukk he wants and not just do shyt for an easy payday.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021 at 7:14 AM
    Mike the Executioner and Donny dapped this.
  6. Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Amestafuu (Emeritus) PRGRSV BLK IND Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Toronto
    Coli Cash:
    $344000.00

revisionist history

they was playing bombs over baghdad at an international tennis tournament. kast had many hit's before hey ya

revisionist history

7. Ducktales

Ducktales Get Money

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Atlanta
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

OutKast aren’t legendary, they are iconic. Both deserve they flowers to the highest degree. Andre is a elite MC. I don’t know too many black people who don’t hold outlast in a very high regard. Ain’t nobody concerned with what white people think besides you. Neg

staticshock dapped this.
  8. tuckdog

tuckdog Veteran

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $146654.00

1 star, negged

Arbitrage! dapped this.
  9. Arbitrage!

Arbitrage! Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    中國, NY, T-Dot
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

This!

10. Arbitrage!

Arbitrage! Superstar

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    中國, NY, T-Dot
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

Some of the stuff I read on here I literally laugh out loud and these cats that write it are serious as hell when they write it.

Alvin, Yinny, Wildhundreds and 4 others dapped this.
  11. Robbie3000

Robbie3000 Veteran Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    NULL
    Coli Cash:
    $345000.00

Wouldn’t have participated in this thread if I knew it was started by OP. Some people exist in this site, just to spread negativity and misery under the guise of black militancy.

bush this thread. :camby:

12. Mowgli

Mowgli Veteran

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $157432.00

The obsession started when people started questioning his sexuality

13. hex

hex Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Daps Received:
    Coli Cash:
    $364500.00

Getting played at a tennis tournament doesn't make it a hit.

I don't even think "BOB" charted on the Billboard Hot 100.

"Hey Ya" was #1 and stayed on the charts for 32 weeks.

Hell, "Ms. Jackson" was a much bigger song than "BOB".

Not seeing how what he said is revisionist.

Fred.

14. Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Amestafuu (Emeritus) PRGRSV BLK IND Supporter

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Toronto
    Coli Cash:
    $344000.00

they stopped a major tennis tournament to play BOB in protest

that was huge moment in culture. countering him saying that white people didn't listen to Kast until hey ya

the white fans didn't show up on the double disc... that's just ducktales.

outkast had plat singles going back to the first album. i was in highschool when Aquemini was out and everyone was listening to that album that year. that whole post was ducktales history

but i'll let y'all rock with it.

this whole thread is retarded and OP is a moron

15. staticshock

staticshock Veteran

Daps Received:
    Reppin:
    Atlanta
    Coli Cash:
    $500.00

stop it.

nobody has ever questioned his sexuality. He had prime Erica Badu.