Can we address the elephant in the room?

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Why are we letting black women off the hook for being hypocrites about supporting R. Kelly?

:usure:

Think about it. Kellz biggest demographic is black women. In all of his viral videos, who are the ones around him? Who are the ones following his orders? Singing his music? Making light of his past accusations?

Then you have black men and women condemning black men for supporting him :gucci: demonizing men for being evil and shyt :what: we already get shyt on enough by everyone as is, why are we all of sudden public enemy #1 because y'all can't be held responsible for your actions? :jbhmm:

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I think many women think that at 16...they would have done the same thing, so they are not as angry at the situation. A lot of black women, due to their circumstances, HAVE to be grown at 16.

I also wonder if society plays a role in this with the common idea that girls mature faster than boys. If girls believe that, its only natural they are going to look for older men.:jbhmm:

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
Me personally

This "musical genius" shyt is blown out of proportion. I have heard music that made me think a genius made it, but not 'I Believe I Can Fly'. It's a cool song but what the fukc is R Kelly doing that's so unique and mysterious?

He's not even the best R and B act of any decade.

So if my contribution to his success is to be counted I have spent exactly zero on his music, never seen him live, never had the urge to do either.

I don't know if I ever played his shyt on purpose even once

So I'm DEFINITELY not to blame for supporting R Kelly. Not saying he's wack or that he has no good tracks, just that he's one of countless 'not that smart' people who make music.

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Me personally

This "musical genius" shyt is blown out of proportion. I have heard music that made me think a genius made it, but not 'I Believe I Can Fly'. It's a cool song but what the fukc is R Kelly doing that's so unique and mysterious?

He's not even the best R and B act of any decade.

So if my contribution to his success is to be counted I have spent exactly zero on his music, never seen him live, never had the urge to do either.

I don't know if I ever played his shyt on purpose even once

So I'm DEFINITELY not to blame for supporting R Kelly. Not saying he's wack or that he has no good tracks, just that he's one of countless 'not that smart' people who make music.

I don't own one R.Kelly song or album unless he's writing for Nas, The Lox, Jay Electronica or Dance Gavin Dance.

I don't know why black men are being made to seem accountable for one black man.

Last edited:

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I think many women think that at 16...they would have done the same thing, so they are not as angry at the situation. A lot of black women, due to their circumstances, HAVE to be grown at 16.

I also wonder if society plays a role in this with the common idea that girls mature faster than boys. If girls believe that, its only natural they are going to look for older men.:jbhmm:
They biologically mature faster than men

And they biologically want an older stronger mate

Just saying not excusing shyt ... just to clarify before someone who failed reading comprehension comes into the thread

Daps
Reppin
Midwest/East Coast/Tx (Now in Canada)
nikkas are programmed with an insane pro female outgroup bias.
Brehs sidestepped an ENTIRE ELEPHANT to have a convo about his skill level, but brehs spent hella time and energy purity testing other men all over social media...while a gang of women cheered them on.
Meanwhile, a large faction of women, YES WOMEN went unchecked.
The septum type was bullied by the "popular neighborhood jawn " type and they want zero smoke, they don't wanna get beat the fukk up by some hood chicks for popping off in real life.
nikkas have "p*ssy scarcity" and don't want to alienate either possibly overlapping group.
So men will be blamed for supporting a pedo because of fear.