Car lovers…….is this a good deal or should I walk away?

EastAfrixan

Rookie
Daps
So my older cousin has a 1999 Jaguar XK8 with 140k miles, 8 cylinder, and barely drives it.

He bought it for himself after graduating Med School and put some dope rims that costed him $3k.
:wow:

Since me and him have always been cool….he asked me if I want it for $1500 since he is a family man and doesn’t want that type of ride. :ohhh:

Should I take it? Just nervous coz I hear Jaguars can be a pain. Here is what it looks like but with chrome rims. I currently have a Subaru WRX won’t mind adding a new collection if it’s worth it

Last edited:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
So my older cousin has a 1999 Jaguar XK8 with 140k miles, 8 cylinder, and barely drives it.

He bought it for himself after graduating Med School and put some dope rims that costed him $3k.
:wow:

Since me and him have always been cool….he asked me if I want it for $1500 since he is a family man and doesn’t want that type of ride. :ohhh:

Should I take it? Just nervous coz I hear Jaguars can be a pain. Here is what it looks like but with chrome rims. I currently have a Subaru WRX won’t mind adding a new collection if it’s worth it

Clean. Reminds me of Need For Speed 3: Hot Pursuit
:banderas:

Jags are known to be finicky. if you know your cousin has taken care of it and you have the bread for potential repairs I'd go for it. I'd still get it looked over by a mechanic tho

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
for $1500 absolutely. I was ready to roast this based on Jaguar's history of falling apart over time while they were owned by Ford (not blaming ford just referring to the time) like the X Type, but even if you have problems, you can probably afford it based on the low purchase price.

I'd be cautious if there are undisclosed problems but they're family.