Other Chatty Patty Chronicles: Stephanie Mills says she and Michael should've gotten married

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
No :dame: but I do think it would have been good for MJ to get into a relationship in the 80's at his zenith. Especially after Thriller dropped when it was hard for him to do anything

Figure I might as well drop one of my favorite Stephanie Mills songs while I'm here

Yinny

Good Morrow
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
No :dame: but I do think it would have been good for MJ to get into a relationship in the 80's at his zenith. Especially after Thriller dropped when it was hard for him to do anything

Figure I might as well drop one of my favorite Stephanie Mills songs while I'm here

My fav from her is Whatcha Gonna Do

and probably, I can't imagine who would've "made sense" for him to be with at the time however.

Yinny

Good Morrow
Daps
Reppin
Shangri-La
Personal relationships of Michael Jackson - Wikipedia She's not even mentioned. @Anerdyblackguy

But hold up, stumbled across this:

Tatum O'Neal
One of Jackson's first documented relationships was with the child actress Tatum O'Neal in the 1970s. Their friendship was established by the time O'Neal was 12 and Jackson was 17, and featured in gossip columns for several years after.[14][15] Jackson reflected in 1982 that he and O'Neal had been engaged in a serious relationship, but because both were busy, it had "cooled off" to the point of their remaining just friends.[15]

In the documentary Living With Michael Jackson (2003), Michael alleged that near the beginning of their relationship, the 12-year-old actress tried to seduce the then 17-year-old singer. According to Jackson, the incident happened at her home, where she attempted to unbutton his shirt and talked explicitly about sex. O'Neal's behavior apparently proved too much for Jackson, who became scared and covered his face, before she walked away. When confronted with the allegation, O'Neal claimed to have been "just as shocked as everyone else". She stated that while having respect for Jackson as an artist and a person, he had "a very vivid imagination". The actress described his statements as "inaccurate"; "at 12 years old, there was no way she was capable of being as mature or as sophisticated as he claimed".[16][17] O'Neal released her autobiography A Paper Life in 2004, a year after the Jackson documentary. In the book, she claimed it was Jackson who attempted to make out with her. The actress wrote, "I was just 12 and not at all ready for a real-life encounter[...] Michael, who was sweating profusely, seemed as intimidated as I was. He jumped up nervously and said, 'Uh ... gotta go.'"[18]

But this contradicted O'Neal's own account of the relationship, published in 1995 in Vibe magazine, where she remembered Jackson as "being so shy" and "one of the nicest, most innocent people I've ever met", and, "Once he came into my bedroom, and he wouldn't even sit on my bed."[14] She described the relationship as "a really wonderful friendship" where they would dance and "talk on the phone all the time."[14] She recalled that he found it funny that she could drive at 12 and he could not. And that one time they had a "jam session" at her house, where he played the drums and her brother played guitar. She said the relationship ended when she was 12, after he asked her to go with him to the premiere of The Wiz, in which he acted, but her agent disapproved, she did what she was told because she was a child.[14]

Jackson also spoke about O'Neal in 2001 with Rabbi Shmuley. He described holding hands with her: "I was, like, in heaven. It was the most magical thing. It was better than kissing her, it was better than anything."[6] He recalled one of the times they held hands:

I remember we went to this club, and I don't go to clubs, which was called the Roxy. And I was watching the band, I was sitting there, and underneath the table, she was holding my hand, and I was, like melting. [Rabbi Shmuley: She held your hand and you felt love?] Fireworks going off.[6] It was all I needed. But that means nothing to kids today. She grew up too fast. She wasn't into innocence, and I love that.[19]

And similar to what he told Bashir, he said, "...she was 13. And I was naive. She wanted to do everything and I didn't want to have sex at all."[19][20]

Hold the fukk up. :gucci:

Last edited:

Sinnerman

Veteran
Daps
My fav from her is Whatcha Gonna Do

and probably, I can't imagine who would've "made sense" for him to be with at the time however.

It would have to either be with someone who matched his fame, or someone behind the scenes.

Stephanie would have been a good match. I think her and Diana Ross were the two black women he was linked with