China has a new Tesla clone, and it starts at just $26,000

CopiousX

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But When will black people make make one? :lupe:
Unfair question. We dont have govt entities actively stimulating our franchises the way an asian chaebol, zaibatsu, or modern Chinese mega-company does. Black people also lack a cosign from cacs as well. Arguably our collective govts both domestically in the US and abroad (carribean and africa) are actively stymying such efforts with one sided- trade treaties and IMF-loans with terms expressly preventing the creation of local production outside the US ; and obvious institutional racism/barriers to capital for black people within the US.

You'd need both a cosign from white daddy and a functioning local govt to get these ventures off the ground. For example look at India's Tata motors which was started by Mercedes Benz and their assosiated cacs in the 40s at a time when these same cacs were doing everything in their power to depress africa and the carribean.

Suprisingly, its not just a black thing. I am a passport bro, but i actually bother to learn about the history of the places and i question the locals when i visit. While visiting Egypt a few years ago i asked the arabs i encountered why they never set up an indistrial base and why every third car i saw in Cairo had a "chevrolet" logo stamped on it. :wtf:

Apprently the Egyptians had tried to get their govt together and create a car company named "Nasr", but due to those same janky loans and trade treaties they give to subsaharan Africa, the whole enterprise was shut down by leadership in order to meet those cac deals. Egyptian dude i was talking to says he watched the Nasr factory near his home get shutdown and replaced with western CDK plants and import agreements. Dude seemed really hurt as he described this to me.:mjcry:

This is side note that might appeal to you personally.

I know you are an avid follower of Professor Amos Wilson, as am I, so i thought it'd be mentioning that he actually described these western trade stipulations/restrictions in a speech from the late 80s. You can probably still find it if you sift through their content.

I was skeptical at first of Amos' theory, but it never truly hit me hard until i heard the exact same thing being told to my face by that Egyptian i mentioned earlier.