Chinese firm plays leading role in building networks in Africa

Daps
Reppin
The Coli
At the cost of their long-term digital sovereignty..

OK..... but what other solution did they have?....... china is doing to Africa what America did to China..... if Africans play their cards right it'll work out for them.... china is seeding the Gobi, reclaiming a desert..... if Africans use the same tech the Chinese are using imagine what they can do to the Sahara..... I mean you already have local folks in the Sahara making a green wall...... stop being pessimistic Breh... the 22ND century is Africa's.....

loyola llothta

☭☭☭
Daps
Reppin
BaBylon
OK..... but what other solution did they have?....... china is doing to Africa what America did to China..... if Africans play their cards right it'll work out for them.... china is seeding the Gobi, reclaiming a desert..... if Africans use the same tech the Chinese are using imagine what they can do to the Sahara..... I mean you already have local folks in the Sahara making a green wall...... stop being pessimistic Breh... the 22ND century is Africa's.....

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Maybe..... but at least the infrastructure is being built out...
this what I tell folks. the general populace has gained more from Chinese connections. As long as we have the same foul leadership on the continent then this is the only way the people get any infrastructure built. The Chinese come with building and heavy debt loads but we have something to show for it vs. The old formula of handing funds to the government and expecting development which never gets accomplished. The people's hands are tied by their governments incompetence on average. If we could trust our governments to actually follow through on the infrastructure projects they borrow funds for from the west then China would have never been a factor and most of these projects would have happened in the 70's and 80's, 90's...

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
this what I tell folks. the general populace has gained more from Chinese connections. As long as we have the same foul leadership on the continent then this is the only way the people get any infrastructure built. The Chinese come with building and heavy debt loads but we have something to show for it vs. The old formula of handing funds to the government and expecting development which never gets accomplished. The people's hands are tied by their governments incompetence on average. If we could trust our governments to actually follow through on the infrastructure projects they borrow funds for from the west then China would have never been a factor and most of these projects would have happened in the 70's and 80's, 90's...
the chinese are basically building infrastructures like sgr railroad, ports, special economic and manufacturing zones in east Africa. They are laying the foundation to industrialization and manufacturing. It's up to the government to come through for their people for once.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
the chinese are basically building infrastructures like sgr railroad, ports, special economic and manufacturing zones in east Africa. They are laying the foundation to industrialization and manufacturing. It's up to the government to come through for their people for once.
exactly.

most Africans would prefer not to need the Chinese but they don't have a choice if they wanna develop fast. I remember how it was before the chinese and all the funds that would be allocated to projects that never saw fruition and got swallowed up in corruption. I saw that story countless times. Seeing anything get built is progress. Just handing funds to these governments will fail every time. It never trickles down. We will have to deal with the hefty loans because of our own governments and their incompetence.