Citizens or Not......Does being born in a country makes you a citizen?

frankster

Rookie
Daps
Birthright Citizenship, Anchor Babies and Chain Migration are now being questioned is it a racist policy?

The Trump administration, in another effort to reduce legal immigration, wants to deny permanent residence to hundreds of thousands of foreigners living legally in the United States.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is proposing to deny so-called “green cards” to legal immigrants and their children if they receive federal or state aid — even if the children are U.S.-born.

A draft of the new DHS regulation, first published by the Reuters news agency, targets immigrants who receive food stamps, Medicaid benefits, rent and utilities subsidies and those who enroll their children in public schools.
These legal immigrants might have their path to a green card blocked by Trump

The Windrush generation were "badly let down" and had to follow processes apparently designed to "set them up to fail", said the Home Affairs Committee.

They called for urgent action to make sure the scandal is not repeated.

Home Secretary Savid Javid's top priority is to "right the wrongs that have occurred", the Home Office said.

The Windrush scandal began to be uncovered earlier this year when it emerged that some migrants from Commonwealth countries, who were encouraged to settle in the UK from the late 1940s to 1973, were being wrongly categorised as illegal immigrants.

Some who had lived and worked in the UK for years were threatened with deportation or refused jobs and healthcare.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
Depends on the law

In France and Belgium for example if you're born of foreign parents (or naturalized parents)in the land you're a citizen, I think it's automatic in Belgium and in France you have to fill in some documents when you turn 18 or something like that. That's ius soli, like the majority of the Americas (which is not surprising, being immigrant countries Jus soli - Wikipedia). Germany adopted that a couple years ago, and it's been an ogngoing debate for decades in Italy. I think they have some form of it now.

But indeed it's not the law in most of the world, particularly not in "devopping" countries.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
To add to that : me personnaly I would say that the general tendency should be granting people who are born in a country citizenship. Because the logic of not giving citizenship is that those being born are foreign and sooner or later will leave (see the gastarbeiters in Germany). Hint : they won't. Vast majority of immigrants in the western world (and elsewhere) end up establishing themselves and really don't plan on moving after a certain amount of time, and you can bet that if they're feeling at home enough to have babies they're staying for a while. And those babies, well that's the only country they know, why would they want to leave at 15 or 18? You're only creating different subsets of people who de facto are similar (born and raised in the same country, same schools, same language, etc) yet one will have a different status than the other, leading to discrimination, leading to resentment, leading to social trife, which is negative for ALL of society, not only those being discriminated.

Samori Toure

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Actually I don't think that it is a racist policy to block benefits to people with green cards, because the benefits mentioned in the article should only be provided to American citizens.

What is racist though is that White people always talking about ending citizenship by birth, but what they never bother to mention is that almost all White in the USA are only citizens because of the citizenship by birth provision provided for in the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Fwiw, it is worth the 14th Amendment was created for African Americans that were descended from the slaves; however, it has been extended and abused by every subsequent ethnic group that has come to the USA; especially White people.

14th Amendment - Black History - HISTORY.com

Samson

Wholesome Black Man
Daps
Reppin
Haitian Gang
Birthright citizenship and naturalized citizenship :blessed:
America destroys and destabilizes other countries, and now wants to remove birthright and naturalized citizenship that many from does broken countries use to try to survive. Sounds like some white supremacist shyt too me. :francis:

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Actually I don't think that it is a racist policy to block benefits to people with green cards, because the benefits mentioned in the article should only be provided to American citizens.

What is racist though is that White people always talking about ending citizenship by birth, but what they never bother to mention is that almost all White in the USA are only citizens because of the citizenship by birth provision provided for in the 14th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution. Fwiw, it is worth the 14th Amendment was created for African Americans that were descended from the slaves; however, it has been extended and abused by every subsequent ethnic group that has come to the USA; especially White people.

14th Amendment - Black History - HISTORY.com

All of that ghoul shyt whites did/do and the band aid's they point on things... eventually comes back to haunt them.

But keepin it 100%... I'm cool with getting rid of birthright citizenship :mjpls: