City on a Hill Season 2 (Showtime)

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Did anyone else notice that the mirrors were pixelated in the scene where Jackie and his wife were arguing?

I figured it was so that you don't see the camera equipment in the reflection

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
I know this shyt happens in real life all the time, but that scene with the stray bullet is almost exactly the same as the one from The Wire.
Sounds like they took a lot from The Wire. I read that they even had Rawls in there basically repeating Burrell's line "no DNRs, no surveillance, etc." from The Wire's pilot episode.

Bruce LeRoy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NY
Great opening episode.

Jackie dropping the woman off at the hospital and then clowning her on the phone after dude told him she can't speak

"Her husband is probably relieved"

and then walking away from his daughter trying to talk to him about her issues.

Cold shyt..:picard:

Sounds like they took a lot from The Wire. I read that they even had Rawls in there basically repeating Burrell's line "no DNRs, no surveillance, etc." from The Wire's pilot episode.

This show was created by the same people who created Homicide Life On The Streets which was based around the book by David Simon [Homicide: A Year on the KIlling Streets.]. This show has a very similar feel to Homicide too... So I wouldn't be surprised if they are taking notes from The Wire.

It feels way more authentic to the time/era i's supposed to be set in than other shows that are set in the 80's/90's do..