CM Punk's 'Kill Yourself'' Twitter Retort Picked up By British Press

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
- The Mirror has picked up on the story of CM Punk telling a British fan who disagreed with his views on anti-gay marriage. To recap, Punk wrote a few message on Twitter Monday morning expressing his disapproval of North Carolina Amendment 1, which would ban gay marriages as well as any other kinds of non-marriage unions (such as civil unions and domestic partnerships). The Twitter user in question, who was from Walsall, replied to Punk with:

Man was meant for woman, and even the thought of homo's make me sick.

Punk retweeted the message with the appended phrase "Kill yourself" and advised another fan to "drink bleach" for similar comments.

The Mirror acknowledged WWE's affiliation with The Creative Coalition to promote anti-bullying. As well. When a user insulted told Punk for his comment and told him to to "be a STAR'," Punk wrote:

hey moron, don't try to hide behind the be a star campaign. I am a star. I'm fighting bigots here. Zero tolerance.

The Mirror tried to make the point that his beliefs are different than a homophobic slur he uttered while in character last July at a show in Australia. Of course, the article fails to note that Punk was "in character" in Australia and not in character on Twitter.

hmm the only reason i think this is meaningful as its a possibility my boy DB could get the title cuz of fear of more negative press

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
More here:
RSaQ7.png

dat boy D-Bryan might get the strap at OTL :takedat:

Thebadguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He's too immature to be the face of WWE. Mark Henry should be champion, not Punk. At least ratings go up when Mark is champion.