Coli men's roundtable: We need to talk about how barbershops are getting worse.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They charging 40+ for a cut too. Most barber shops are in the hood, who the hell do they think they are.

just paid 120 for me and my 2 boys Saturday :francis: . Never again. :scust: Only did it because my regular barber was out of town and we looked like ass.

these nikkaz are buggin now with these prices.

Back in the hometown in Charleston, my barber there was 50 (that included tip) for all 3 of us. :martin:

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
tried a new barber a few weeks ago through the app called "The Cut", and the dude made my beard uneven, used a little bit of the black spray on my hairline without asking and his clippers had a whiff of that sweaty smell.

meanwhile, this kid had a tattoo of those flip shaving razorblades on his forearm. he definitely failed the test.

:camby:

Dave24

Superstar
Daps
My barber is in his late 50s, super old school. Raised his prices for the first time ever after covid, from $15 to 20. Doesn't really do appointments during normal hours. I agree that getting in early on a Saturday morning is the best option, or whatever morning you don't have to work.

I'm def dreading having to pick a new barber when he retires. Breh getting older and is a cancer survivor. When breh got diagnosed and was in the hospital I had to go to a different shop for the first time in well over a decade and trust me that shyt was NOT fun. Def saw the unprofessional side of things. Weird loud arguments, barbers taking 5 minute breaks during a cut to check their phone, no ability to walk in and get a cut even if you are willing to wait. I waited over an hour at one spot because the sign said walk-ins welcome. Watched a barber chilling for 20 minutes doing nothing between cuts while I was there waiting. His next appointment came in and got in the chair. Eventually I said fukk it and left.

@Piff Perkins do you still have the same barber?