Coli's Own Inks Production Deal. BRAND NEW SERIES STREAMING TONIGHT!

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Julian Robinson, Joshua Quinn, and Angela Van Tassel Assemble For Alonge Hawes’s ‘Silver & Gold’ Digital Series
JARO Magazine Send an emailApril 22, 2022
0 1 minute read
Facebook Twitter Tumblr Pinterest Share via Email

articleimg.jpg

Joshua Quinn, Julian Robinson, and Angela Van Tassel

It seems that the casting train for Alonge Hawes’s Jaro Media presented series ‘Silver & Gold’ is continuing full steam ahead. Julian Robinson (Black On Both Sides) Joshua Quinn (Hop) and Angela Van Tassel (Black On Both Sides) have all signed on for the series, joining previously announced stars Quentin Williams (Blue Collar Hustle) and Brittaney Traylor (Black On Both Sides).

‘Silver & Gold’, which Jaro Media has described as a “blend of comedy, action, drama, and Afro-futurism set against the backdrop of Atlanta’s criminal underground”; is created, written, and directed by Hawes. It has been set for a release this fall on the platform.

Julian Robinson most recently co-starred alongside Hawes in the critically acclaimed series ‘Black On Both Sides’, which ran for two seasons on Seeka.TV. ‘Black On Both Sides’ was named Best Web Series by the Global Film Festival Awards for its first season. Robinson made his screen debut when he was tapped by Hawes to appear in the second season of the acclaimed web series ‘Blue Collar Hustle’, which ran for two seasons on both Seeka.TV and Kweli TV.

Joshua Quinn, a relative newcomer, is best known for starring in the short film ‘Hop’. He will also appear in the upcoming television series ‘Tree Of Life’ and most recently has starred in various stage plays produced by Aurora Theatre and Actor’s Express. Quinn is repped by STW Talent Agency.

Angela Van Tassel most recently co-starred alongside Hawes and Robinson in both seasons of ‘Black On Both Sides’. She also starred in various roles onstage in productions by Gwinnett Classic Theatre and the Play ‘20th Century Blues’ produced by Live Arts Theatre in late 2019. Van Tassel is repped by Barbara Garvey of East Coast Talent Agency.

‘Silver & Gold is executive produced by Hawes through his company A Million Stories One Pen Productions. Shani Hawes, Quentin Williams, Rodderick Fedd, Cordarol Sanders, Joshua Dennard, and Jamal Mcclendon serve as producers.

Jaro Media provides on-demand streaming access to a world of African American and Afrocentric digital media including video, visual arts, books, and music. Jaro’s unique platform integrates social media, customer control, and media access into an innovative user experience.

Julian Robinson, Joshua Quinn, and Angela Van Tassel Assemble For Alonge Hawes’s ‘Silver & Gold’ Digital Series - JARO Magazine

@CarmelBarbie @Illeye buckmatic @Piff Perkins @Easy-E @LinusCaldwell @Esco @NormanConnors @MartyMcFly @General Mills @IllmaticDelta @Milk N Cookies @Booksnrain @-DMP- @True Blue Moon @ghostwriterx @Rekkapryde @krackdagawd @Spliff @spliz @Soundbwoy @Born2BKing @MajesticLion

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Julian Robinson, Joshua Quinn, and Angela Van Tassel Assemble For Alonge Hawes’s ‘Silver & Gold’ Digital Series
0 1 minute read

articleimg.jpg

It seems that the casting train for Alonge Hawes’s Jaro Media presented series ‘Silver & Gold’ is continuing full steam ahead. Julian Robinson (Black On Both Sides) Joshua Quinn (Hop) and Angela Van Tassel (Black On Both Sides) have all signed on for the series, joining previously announced stars Quentin Williams (Blue Collar Hustle) and Brittaney Traylor (Black On Both Sides).

‘Silver & Gold’, which Jaro Media has described as a “blend of comedy, action, drama, and Afro-futurism set against the backdrop of Atlanta’s criminal underground”; is created, written, and directed by Hawes. It has been set for a release this fall on the platform.

Julian Robinson most recently co-starred alongside Hawes in the critically acclaimed series ‘Black On Both Sides’, which ran for two seasons on Seeka.TV. ‘Black On Both Sides’ was named Best Web Series by the Global Film Festival Awards for its first season. Robinson made his screen debut when he was tapped by Hawes to appear in the second season of the acclaimed web series ‘Blue Collar Hustle’, which ran for two seasons on both Seeka.TV and Kweli TV.

Joshua Quinn, a relative newcomer, is best known for starring in the short film ‘Hop’. He will also appear in the upcoming television series ‘Tree Of Life’ and most recently has starred in various stage plays produced by Aurora Theatre and Actor’s Express. Quinn is repped by STW Talent Agency.

Angela Van Tassel most recently co-starred alongside Hawes and Robinson in both seasons of ‘Black On Both Sides’. She also starred in various roles onstage in productions by Gwinnett Classic Theatre and the Play ‘20th Century Blues’ produced by Live Arts Theatre in late 2019. Van Tassel is repped by Barbara Garvey of East Coast Talent Agency.

‘Silver & Gold is executive produced by Hawes through his company A Million Stories One Pen Productions. Shani Hawes, Quentin Williams, Rodderick Fedd, Cordarol Sanders, Joshua Dennard, and Jamal Mcclendon serve as producers.

Jaro Media provides on-demand streaming access to a world of African American and Afrocentric digital media including video, visual arts, books, and music. Jaro’s unique platform integrates social media, customer control, and media access into an innovative user experience.

Julian Robinson, Joshua Quinn, and Angela Van Tassel Assemble For Alonge Hawes’s ‘Silver & Gold’ Digital Series - JARO Magazine

@CarmelBarbie @Illeye buckmatic @Piff Perkins @Easy-E @LinusCaldwell @Esco @NormanConnors @MartyMcFly @General Mills @IllmaticDelta @Milk N Cookies @Booksnrain @-DMP- @True Blue Moon @ghostwriterx @Rekkapryde @krackdagawd

keep doin it big dawg :salute:

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
0 1 minute read

articleimg.jpg

:whoo::obama::ahh::salute:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Trailer And Release Date Announced For Sosa Cruz Documentary ‘It Was Written’
JARO Magazine Send an emailApril 29, 2022
0 1 minute read

itwaswritten.jpg

Sosa Cruz, the 7 year old basketball prodigy whose skillset has been praised by the likes of Stephen Curry and Te’a Cooper, is set to be the subject of her own documentary, titled ‘It Was Written’.

Directed by her father Roberto “Big Sosa” Cruz Jr. and executive produced by Alonge Hawes, ‘It Was Written’ will chronicle young Sosa’s rise through the amateur basketball circuit. The official synopsis for the film is below:

Sosa Cruz was only 4 years old when her father Roberto told her she was destined to be the greatest basketball player of all time. Roberto, himself a two sport High School star in both Martial Arts and Football, knew that his daughter had the determination, raw talent, and most importantly the focus to make his prediction a reality. Under Roberto’s tutelage and her family’s support, Sosa trained day and night, and through sheer dedication became the first female member of the Decatur Blazers, an AAU youth club for which she was named league MVP during her first season. After several viral videos of her prodigious dribbling skills were broadcast on ESPN’s website, Sosa was invited to appear on The Steve Harvey Show, where she was showered with acclaim from NBA superstar Stephen Curry. As the trophies and accolades began to mount, her father’s prophecy seemed to be all but assured; but personal tragedy and professional setbacks threatened to rob Sosa of the legacy she’d tirelessly built. In this journey of sweat, tears, triumph, and tragedy; one young girl will prove to the world that adversity is no barrier to destiny. For It Was Written…

A new poster and trailer for the film has also been unveiled, which can be viewed below.

sdf-731x1024.jpg

‘It Was Written’ will premiere May 10th on YouTube. It is produced by Sarah Cruz, Joshua Dennard, and Asante Watkins.

Trailer And Release Date Announced For Sosa Cruz Documentary ‘It Was Written’ - JARO Magazine

@Illeye buckmatic @Easy-E @Esco @Milk N Cookies @CarmelBarbie @Colicat @IllmaticDelta @Piff Perkins @Soundbwoy @Rekkapryde @krackdagawd @-DMP- @True Blue Moon @MartyMcFly @mobbinfms @ghostwriterx

CarmelBarbie

At peace
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte
0 1 minute read

itwaswritten.jpg

Sosa Cruz, the 7 year old basketball prodigy whose skillset has been praised by the likes of Stephen Curry and Te’a Cooper, is set to be the subject of her own documentary, titled ‘It Was Written’.

Directed by her father Roberto “Big Sosa” Cruz Jr. and executive produced by Alonge Hawes, ‘It Was Written’ will chronicle young Sosa’s rise through the amateur basketball circuit. The official synopsis for the film is below:

Sosa Cruz was only 4 years old when her father Roberto told her she was destined to be the greatest basketball player of all time. Roberto, himself a two sport High School star in both Martial Arts and Football, knew that his daughter had the determination, raw talent, and most importantly the focus to make his prediction a reality. Under Roberto’s tutelage and her family’s support, Sosa trained day and night, and through sheer dedication became the first female member of the Decatur Blazers, an AAU youth club for which she was named league MVP during her first season. After several viral videos of her prodigious dribbling skills were broadcast on ESPN’s website, Sosa was invited to appear on The Steve Harvey Show, where she was showered with acclaim from NBA superstar Stephen Curry. As the trophies and accolades began to mount, her father’s prophecy seemed to be all but assured; but personal tragedy and professional setbacks threatened to rob Sosa of the legacy she’d tirelessly built. In this journey of sweat, tears, triumph, and tragedy; one young girl will prove to the world that adversity is no barrier to destiny. For It Was Written…

A new poster and trailer for the film has also been unveiled, which can be viewed below.

sdf-731x1024.jpg

‘It Was Written’ will premiere May 10th on YouTube. It is produced by Sarah Cruz, Joshua Dennard, and Asante Watkins.

Trailer And Release Date Announced For Sosa Cruz Documentary ‘It Was Written’ - JARO Magazine

@Illeye buckmatic @Easy-E @Esco @Milk N Cookies @CarmelBarbie @Colicat @IllmaticDelta @Piff Perkins @Soundbwoy @Rekkapryde @krackdagawd @-DMP- @True Blue Moon @MartyMcFly @mobbinfms @ghostwriterx

This is amazing—to see this little girl dribbling those two balls. So cute. How do you get connected with the people for your movies and documentaries?

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
This is amazing—to see this little girl dribbling those two balls. So cute. How do you get connected with the people for your movies and documentaries?

Well of course you know Shani is my sister.

Quentin Williams, who plays the male lead in Silver & Gold, I met when we were both working at Best Buy back in 2016. Thats also where I met Roberto Cruz. I was the Assistant Manager, Quentin was a Sales Lead, and Roberto worked Asset Protection

Quentin is also a rapper who goes by the name “Que Brick” and to keep a long story short, myself and Roberto started kind of managing him and helping him put his album together.

This is us at his album release party in 2016

The original idea was for me to come up with a treatment for some music videos. But I wanted to do something more unique, So I came up with the idea to do a fictional web series loosely based on our grind trying to get Quentin into the music industry. Every episode would be titled after a song from his album and his album would act as the official soundtrack for the series. That idea became my first series called Blue Collar Hustle

Blue Collar Hustle on Seeka TV

I wrote, executive produced, and acted in every episode of season 1 and began directing episodes in season 2. We used to gather at Que’s house twice a week for almost two years to rehearse

So Que, Roberto, and Shani have been with me from the beginning. They have also either starred or featured in all of my subsequent work

Brittaney Traylor, who plays the female lead in Silver & Gold, also met me while working at Best Buy. I met her in 2014 when working at a separate location as a Specialty Sales Manager

When we started blowing up from the work on Blue Collar Hustle she asked me if I could cast her in a role in the future. I started her out with a small role in the second season of Blue Collar Hustle and then gave her a more prominent role in the first season of my follow up series Black On Both Sides

Black on Both Sides on Seeka TV

She did well in that series so I told her she was ready to be a lead and cast her in Silver & Gold.

Julian Robinson, who is a supporting character in Silver & Gold, I met in 2018 when I had left Best Buy and was working as a Store Manager with T-Mobile. I hired him as a sales associate and was impressed with his work ethic.

We became cool and he expressed to me that he would like to get into acting. I offered him a recurring supporting role in the second season of Blue Collar Hustle and he did a PHENOMENAL job, so much so that when I created Black On Both Sides I promoted him to the main cast

Roxzane T. Mims, who is a supporting cast member in Silver & Gold, is my Aunt on my Mother’s side. She’s been acting over 40 years and has done work with Sidney Poitier (the television movie The Secret Life Of Noah Dearborn) Oprah (the television series Greenleaf) and she is also co-starring in an upcoming Christmas themed movie starring Neyo thats coming out on BET sometime this year.

This is her sitting next to my mother. I am the baby

The rest of the so far announced cast are people i met while filming my previous two series who I carried over or newer cast members who have been waiting to get on for a few years.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
0 1 minute read

itwaswritten.jpg

sdf-731x1024.jpg

:ohhh::takedat::ahh::salute:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Film & TV
Trending
Eduardo Bryant, Claudette Thomason, And Pantheah Goode Round Out Cast Of Alonge Hawes’s ‘Silver & Gold’
JARO Magazine Send an emailMay 6, 2022
0 2 minutes read

imggg.jpg

The cast of Alonge Hawes’s newest project has apparently found the remainder of its main cast as Jaro Media reports that Eduardo Bryant, Claudette Thomason, and Pantheah Goode have signed on as series regulars for the highly anticipated series.

While character descriptions remain as elusive as the series plot itself, Bryant, Thomason, and Goode are all established performers with a combined 25 years of experience across stage, film, and television. They will join previously announced series leads Quentin Williams and Brittaney Traylor in the series that has been described as a “blend of comedy, action, drama, and Afro-futurism set against the backdrop of Atlanta’s criminal underground.”

Shani Hawes, Angela Van Tassel, Julian Robinson, Joshua Quinn, and Roberto Cruz Jr. have also been announced as series regulars.

Eduardo Bryant, who has appeared in many small roles across film and television, will next be seen as Deacon Shane Evergreen in the upcoming series I Am That I Am. Bryant is repped by Tracy Webb.

Claudette Thomason most recently appeared in Alonge Hawes’s acclaimed digital series Black On Both Sides as Mama Freya. Black On Both Sides ran for two seasons on Seeka TV and was named Best Web Series by both the Cult Critic Movie Awards and the L.A. Shorts Awards for its first season.

Pantheah Goode, an established actress and vocalist, is best known for previously headlining the annual Jazz Fest in Lansing Michigan. She made her stage debut in 2003 playing the role of Claudia in the acclaimed Play ‘Lightning Strikes Three Times.’ She also most recently appeared in the digital series Blue Collar Hustle as Maxine Waiters.Blue Collar Hustle was named Best Web Series by the Oniros Film Awards for its second season.

Silver & Gold is created, written, and directed by Alonge Hawes. Hawes also serves as executive producer through his company A Million Stories One Pen Productions. Quentin Williams, Shani Hawes, Joshua Dennard, Cordarol Sanders, Jamal Mcclendon, and Rodderick Fedd serve as producers. The series is set to debut in Fall 2022 on Jaro Media.

Jaro Media provides on-demand streaming access to a world of African American and Afrocentric digital media including video, visual arts, books, and music. Jaro’s unique platform integrates social media, customer control, and media access into an innovative user experience

Eduardo Bryant, Claudette Thomason, And Pantheah Goode Round Out Cast Of Alonge Hawes’s ‘Silver & Gold’ - JARO Magazine

@Illeye buckmatic @Piff Perkins @Easy-E @Esco @General Mills @MartyMcFly @True Blue Moon @Milk N Cookies @Colicat @CarmelBarbie @MoonGoddess @Booksnrain @-DMP- @Soundbwoy @Soymuscle Mike @IllmaticDelta @ghostwriterx @Rekkapryde @krackdagawd @LinusCaldwell @NormanConnors

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Jaro Media Unveils Official Synopsis And Poster Art For Upcoming Alonge Hawes Series ‘Silver & Gold’

On the heels of the casting announcements for Jaro Media’s upcoming Alonge Hawes created series Silver & Gold, the official series synopsis and poster art have been unveiled. Plot details on the highly anticipated series had previously been kept to a minimum but as post-production has wrapped, Jaro Media has slowly begun pulling back the curtain on what promises to be Alonge Hawes’s most ambitious project to date. The synopsis for the series is as follows.

Charles Goldar and Bahiya Payne are the smoothest, sexiest, and perhaps the most industrious thieves this side of Bonnie & Clyde. There is no gem too guarded, no diamond too secure, or no amount of cash too vaulted for these two paramours to relieve from their unfortunate marks. So when they decide to team up with eccentric computer genius Cierra Valentine and stoic con man Sosa Gerena in attempts to pull off bigger and more daring heists, it seems to be a match made in bandit’s heaven. But all is not as it seems, as the sins of the past slowly begin to ransack the riches of the present; leading the group down a path of violence and vengeance amidst Atlanta’s criminal underground. When Charles and Bahiya are faced with a reckoning beyond even their own comprehension, they will come to the realization that sometimes love IS the crime…

In addition to the synopsis, Jaro Media has provided an official poster for the series, which you can check out below.

dfsd-708x1024.jpg

Silver & Gold will star the previously announced Quentin Williams and Brittaney Traylor as the lovers Charles Goldar and Bahiya Payne. Shani Hawes and Roberto Cruz Jr. will co-star as Cierra Valentine and Sosa Gerena respectively. Julian Robinson, Angela Van Tassel, Joshua Quinn, Eduardo Bryant, Pantheah Goode, and Roxzane T. Mims have also been cast in undisclosed roles.

Quentin Williams is best known for playing the role of Quan Banneker on the digital series Blue Collar Hustle, which ran for two seasons on Kweli TV and Seeka TV. Williams was named Best Actor by the L.A Shorts Awards in 2017 for the series first season. Williams is repped by Good Talent Management.

Brittaney Traylor, a relative newcomer, is best known for her role as Anita Rahim on the digital series Black On Both Sides, which ran for two seasons on Seeka TV.

Shani Hawes is best known for her starring roles as Asha Luna on Blue Collar Hustle and Nandi Chisholm on Black On Both Sides. She was awarded Best Actress by the Virgin Spring Cinefest for her work on Blue Collar Hustle and Best Actress by the Global Film Festival Awards for her work on Black On Both Sides.

Roberto Cruz Jr. is best known for his starring role as Jose Torres on both seasons of Blue Collar Hustle. Cruz was honored with the Award Of Merit by the Southern Shorts Awards for his role as a producer on the series first season. Cruz is repped by Sour Gang Entertainment.

Silver & Gold was created by Alonge Hawes, who also serves as writer, director, and series showrunner. It is executive produced by Hawes under his company A Million Stories One Pen Productions with Cordarol Sanders, Joshua Dennard, Quentin Williams, Shani Hawes, Rodderick Fedd and Jamal Mcclendon serving as producers.

Jaro Media Unveils Official Synopsis And Poster Art For Upcoming Alonge Hawes Series ‘Silver & Gold’ - JARO Magazine

@Illeye buckmatic @True Blue Moon @General Mills @Piff Perkins @MartyMcFly @IllmaticDelta @Easy-E @Esco @ghostwriterx @Art Barr @-DMP- @Rekkapryde @krackdagawd @MoonGoddess @Milk N Cookies @Colicat @CarmelBarbie @Jerz-2 @spliz @Neo The Resurrected ONE @NormanConnors @Soymuscle Mike @Booksnrain @Soundbwoy @Born2BKing @MajesticLion @LinusCaldwell