College = Neverland

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
Is college tuition/long term debt worth an extra 4-5 years of not growing up?

Don't get me wrong I worked damn near a full time job in college, had full time classes and all that but college gave me another 5 years to be a kid. If I didn't want to go to class I could skip, if I didn't want to work I could call off, and if I didn't want to do shyt I had a chef in the cafe to cater to me :smugbiden:

Now, I just recently graduated (no job in sight still :merchant:), loans are coming in hard, and while I don't have substantial debt it's still gonna have to get paid off :upsetfavre:

BUT, I'd do it all again knowing my current struggle to have those couple of extra years to truly be free before life gets a hole of you.

So what are the thoughts?

Is the inevitable debt worth postponing real adulthood?

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Unless you got a trade or good business plan, passin up on college is just plain foolish in my opinion.

Cory MBA

Bigger Picture
Daps
Would you rather have skipped college and tried to find a job without the additional credential or education to add to your resume? :usure:

You could have went directly into the workforce immediately after high school and worked your way up. :ehh: But even then, you would probably second-guess that decision and wonder where you would be had you gotten a degree.

Either way, there would be what-if questions. Luck,timing, and circumstances beyond your control play a large part in how things turn out for everyone.

It can't hurt to educate yourself and know more. There are costs, both in money and time though. Its a trade-off.

Keep grinding until your chance appears...then seize the opportunity.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I don't regret it one bit.

I don't miss it, but college was a great experience. Learned a lot about myself and ultimately learned at least what career field I was interested into going into.

Chris.B

Banned
Daps
What was your major?

Liberal arts? Send back the college degree and get your money back

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
i barely learned anything in college but it was a 4yr vacation and worth every penny of my loan :pachaha:

learned how to survive on my own, made good friends i still have 8 years later, did a lifetimes worth of partying, and have that degree that always looks good on an application

i dont recommend going to a private/specialized school unless you know EXACTLY what kinda job you wanna get. im paying $124 a month for 15 years for a state school loan :win:, I know people who pay over $400 a month and arent even in the career field they got a degree in from :wtf:

Daps
Reppin
Eastside of that Motor
i barely learned anything in college but it was a 4yr vacation and worth every penny of my loan :pachaha:

learned how to survive on my own, made good friends i still have 8 years later, did a lifetimes worth of partying, and have that degree that always looks good on an application

i dont recommend going to a private/specialized school unless you know EXACTLY what kinda job you wanna get. im paying $124 a month for 15 years for a state school loan :win:, I know people who pay over $400 a month and arent even in the career field they got a degree in from :wtf:

$400 a month :whew: I hope they still get to attend classes

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You don't have to take out loans in order to get a college degree.

I also don't think students take advantage of their college education. They will go to every party but none of the job fairs or information sessions. They will google the local club but not the local scholarship and then blame others. It's sad.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
People gon learn. You have 4 years of college as an adult, and then anouther 50+ to "start your life". These are days you must cherish.

Can;'t wait to go back for my last year(s) of school :blessed: