Come in here and drop some pointers for ya boy

MarciknoW

Prosperity, longevity and a sound mind...
Daps
Reppin
The 242
Currently working in the Bahamas in Government but also in IT making around $1700 bucks a month...I got a bachelors in computer programming but I rarely use the skill (professionally nor in freelancing). I feel like my life cud go in any direction at this point cus I know I cud be making FAR more money In different places or have FAR more freedom over my life if I was to start coding and making apps and shyt for myself...my family probably think this job I have is the best thing that has ever happened to me and wouldn’t even tolerate the idea of me leaving it (I kno it’s my life but I do care about my family’s opinion)...I really wanna go away to college to get a masters in computer science but making that decision seems to go way above my head every time I start to think about it (I’m an overthinker and a mamas boy basically)...I dnt hate this job I’m in but I do believe if u dread going to a place everytime u wake up then that shud be a sign that you aren’t happy there..I really dnt kno what route to take at this point...any suggestions? At least I’m bettering my resume working in IT rn

Mr Rager

Leader of the Delinquents
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Mars
Stop.
Breathe.

I'm assuming you're relatively young (under 30). You have time to make these decisions. Motivation is great but don't burn yourself out trying to move mountains when you're not ready to do so.
Take some time to think about where you want to be in life when you're 40 (family? Kids? Making how much? Where do you want to live geographically? What do you WANT to do professionally?)
Then explore how you will get there. What tools and opportunities do you have right now that you can leverage?

The beautiful thing about life breh is that you have the power to make decisions for yourself. Your job is to understand what you want and chart a course to get there.

MarciknoW

Daps
Reppin
The 242
Stop.
Breathe.

I'm assuming you're relatively young (under 30). You have time to make these decisions. Motivation is great but don't burn yourself out trying to move mountains when you're not ready to do so.
Take some time to think about where you want to be in life when you're 40 (family? Kids? Making how much? Where do you want to live geographically? What do you WANT to do professionally?)
Then explore how you will get there. What tools and opportunities do you have right now that you can leverage?

The beautiful thing about life breh is that you have the power to make decisions for yourself. Your job is to understand what you want and chart a course to get there.
Understood..I’m gonna be 29 next month and this is literally my first job straight outta college

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
My only advice is to the family part. You gotta understand that your family just want the best for you, but your family, and especially Moms, will typically want you to take the safe route. But at the end of the day, that shyt don’t matter. You do what you wanna do and be unapologetic about it. Of course respect people’s advice, but you have to live your life for you. I’m a huge believer in do what you wanna do. That’s the motto of my life. I do what I wanna do

MarciknoW

Daps
Reppin
The 242
My only advice is to the family part. You gotta understand that your family just want the best for you, but your family, and especially Moms, will typically want you to take the safe route. But at the end of the day, that shyt don’t matter. You do what you wanna do and be unapologetic about it. Of course respect people’s advice, but you have to live your life for you. I’m a huge believer in do what you wanna do. That’s the motto of my life. I do what I wanna do
Real...I have similar beliefs...I just dnt wanna fukk up and have that whole “i told you so” situation ya know