the elastic

livin' outside of the matrix
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Feel free to give advice or ask questions about First Person Shooters here

Starting with some useful information I got from a Chat-GPT4 query:

Pre-aiming and crosshair placement are critical skills for enhancing your gameplay in first-person shooters (FPS) on any platform, including the PS5.

Using a controller can pose unique challenges compared to a mouse and keyboard, but with practice and adherence to some guidelines, you can significantly improve your aiming precision and reaction time. Here are some tips:

1. Understand Map Layouts​

• Pre-aiming Corners: Familiarize yourself with common player paths and chokepoints. Aim at these locations as you move or before you round corners. Expect where an enemy could appear and keep your crosshair at that level.
• Verticality: Don’t forget about different elevations. Keep your crosshair at head level, but adjust for higher or lower ground as necessary.

2. Adjust Your Controller Settings​

• Sensitivity: Find a sensitivity setting that allows you to aim accurately without sacrificing the speed of your movements. This often involves lowering your sensitivity to gain more control over your crosshair placement.
• Aim Assist (if available): Utilize aim assist features to help fine-tune your aim, but don’t rely solely on it. Aim assist can help correct slight errors in aim but learning precise control is crucial.
• Customize Controls: If the game allows, customize your control layout to something you find comfortable for aiming and shooting.

3. Practice Crosshair Placement​

• Head Level: Always try to keep your crosshair at head level. This reduces the amount of adjustment needed to hit a headshot when you see an enemy.
• Predict Enemy Positions: Based on the game flow, try to predict where enemies will be and position your crosshair accordingly before you see them.

4. Movement and Positioning​

• Strategic Positioning: Use cover effectively and position yourself in a way that limits the angles you can be attacked from. This way, you can focus your aim on specific areas.
• Steady Movement: Move smoothly to maintain better control of your aim. Jerky movements can throw off your aim, especially at critical moments.

5. Utilize Aim Training​

• Aim Trainers: Some games have built-in aim training maps or modes. If not, third-party aim trainers are available that can be customized for controller use.
• Practice Makes Perfect: Regular practice in a controlled environment can help improve muscle memory and aiming skills over time.

6. Replay Analysis​

• Learn from Replays: Watch replays of your games to identify mistakes in your aim or positioning. Seeing yourself from a third-person perspective can highlight areas for improvement that aren’t obvious in the heat of the moment.

7. Stay Relaxed​

• Grip: Keep a relaxed grip on your controller. Tensing up can make your movements stiff and affect your accuracy.
• Breaks: Take regular breaks to avoid fatigue, which can negatively impact your reaction time and accuracy.

Improving your pre-aiming and crosshair placement with a controller is a gradual process. Consistent practice, along with applying these tips, will help you become more proficient and competitive in FPS games on the PS5.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Crouching when you shoot almost always hurts more than it helps. The increased control (thereby reducing recoil) is not worth the disadvantage of making you a stationary target. Which leads me to my next point

Move as you shoot. Unless you're engaging a target over 25 yards out, you should always shoot on the move. If you have an a$$hole crouching it'll be much easier to hit them while you're moving and harder for them to hit you, but if they're moving as well then you share that disadvantage together.

This post sponsored by Broke Boy Gaming™

Rosecrans

CPT
Supporter
Daps
Neg train
naRAEbU.png

the elastic

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
Crouching when you shoot almost always hurts more than it helps. The increased control (thereby reducing recoil) is not worth the disadvantage of making you a stationary target. Which leads me to my next point

Move as you shoot. Unless you're engaging a target over 25 yards out, you should always shoot on the move. If you have an a$$hole crouching it'll be much easier to hit them while you're moving and harder for them to hit you, but if they're moving as well then you share that disadvantage together.

This post sponsored by Broke Boy Gaming™
What about crouch spamming though?

BBG

Superstar
Daps
What about crouch spamming though?
That's mostly extinct. We did that a lot on Rainbow 6 Vegas series but I don't see that as much anymore, unless you're referring to dropshots. I play PUBG so all that goofy shyt don't really fly over here lol

the elastic

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the bay/norcal
That's mostly extinct. We did that a lot on Rainbow 6 Vegas series but I don't see that as much anymore, unless you're referring to dropshots. I play PUBG so all that goofy shyt don't really fly over here lol
I mainly play Apex and I see it a lot