Constantine 2 Gets Promising Update From Director, Wants to Make ‘A Real Rated R Version’

LevelUp

🧞🪔 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙞𝙚 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙖𝙢𝙥 🧞🪔
Daps

Director Francis Lawrence provided an unexpectedly positive development on Constantine 2, indicating that, after overcoming several obstacles, they’ve regained control of the character. Moreover, in an interview with GameSpot, the director disclosed that he, along with producer Akiva Goldsman and lead actor Keanu Reeves, have engaged in discussions about the potential sequel. Read Lawrence’s insights below:

“So Constantine 2 got obviously held up by the writers’ strike. And we had to jump through a bunch of hurdles to get control of the character again, because other people had control of the Vertigo stuff. We have control. Keanu and Akiva Goldsman and I have been in meetings and have been hashing out what we think the story is going to be, and there’s more meetings of those that have to happen–the script has to be written–but really hoping that we get to do Constantine 2, and make a real rated R version of it.”

Even though there’s substantial work remaining before Constantine 2 reaches the big screen (Lawrence mentions the necessity for completing the movie’s script), this update is notably more optimistic than what fans might have anticipated, especially considering the alterations happening within the DC cinematic universe.

Lawrence not only presents this encouraging update but also strongly emphasizes the desire to create “a real rated R version” of Constantine. This intent will undoubtedly thrill fans to learn about, or more precisely, to read.

Debuting in 2005 and adapted from the DC comic Hellblazer, the initial Constantine film was directed by Francis Lawrence and features Keanu Reeves portraying an average man bestowed with an extraordinary ability. He possesses the gift to perceive the spirits coexisting among humans, both good and evil. However, burdened by this responsibility, he tries to end his life as a teenager. Saved from death, Constantine is compelled to make amends for his deeds by serving as a guardian in the liminal space between Heaven and Hell. He takes on the role of an investigator of supernatural and occult phenomena.

Although initial reactions to Constantine were varied, the movie has since acquired a devoted fan base eagerly anticipating more escapades featuring Keanu Reeves as the supernatural investigator.

The information concerning Constantine 2 has surfaced intermittently over the past few years, showcasing Lawrence’s apparent resolve to kickstart the project and bring to life the realm of angels and demons with an R rating.

“One of the biggest things for me about the first one was we followed, per Warner Bros., the rules to make a PG-13 movie in terms of violence, blood, language, sexuality. But the ratings board gave us a hard R based on their the gray zone of intensity,” Lawrence told Collider last November. “And my big, big regret was that we have an R-rated movie that’s really a PG-13 movie. And if I was going to have to go have an R, I would have really made an R-rated movie. I would have made it much scarier and much more violent and I would have really made an R-rated movie.”

Francis Lawrence’s next project will see his return to the realm of The Hunger Games with the release of “The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes” slated for November 17, 2023.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC

Director Francis Lawrence provided an unexpectedly positive development on Constantine 2, indicating that, after overcoming several obstacles, they’ve regained control of the character. Moreover, in an interview with GameSpot, the director disclosed that he, along with producer Akiva Goldsman and lead actor Keanu Reeves, have engaged in discussions about the potential sequel. Read Lawrence’s insights below:

“So Constantine 2 got obviously held up by the writers’ strike. And we had to jump through a bunch of hurdles to get control of the character again, because other people had control of the Vertigo stuff. We have control. Keanu and Akiva Goldsman and I have been in meetings and have been hashing out what we think the story is going to be, and there’s more meetings of those that have to happen–the script has to be written–but really hoping that we get to do Constantine 2, and make a real rated R version of it.”

Even though there’s substantial work remaining before Constantine 2 reaches the big screen (Lawrence mentions the necessity for completing the movie’s script), this update is notably more optimistic than what fans might have anticipated, especially considering the alterations happening within the DC cinematic universe.

Lawrence not only presents this encouraging update but also strongly emphasizes the desire to create “a real rated R version” of Constantine. This intent will undoubtedly thrill fans to learn about, or more precisely, to read.

Debuting in 2005 and adapted from the DC comic Hellblazer, the initial Constantine film was directed by Francis Lawrence and features Keanu Reeves portraying an average man bestowed with an extraordinary ability. He possesses the gift to perceive the spirits coexisting among humans, both good and evil. However, burdened by this responsibility, he tries to end his life as a teenager. Saved from death, Constantine is compelled to make amends for his deeds by serving as a guardian in the liminal space between Heaven and Hell. He takes on the role of an investigator of supernatural and occult phenomena.

Although initial reactions to Constantine were varied, the movie has since acquired a devoted fan base eagerly anticipating more escapades featuring Keanu Reeves as the supernatural investigator.

The information concerning Constantine 2 has surfaced intermittently over the past few years, showcasing Lawrence’s apparent resolve to kickstart the project and bring to life the realm of angels and demons with an R rating.

“One of the biggest things for me about the first one was we followed, per Warner Bros., the rules to make a PG-13 movie in terms of violence, blood, language, sexuality. But the ratings board gave us a hard R based on their the gray zone of intensity,” Lawrence told Collider last November. “And my big, big regret was that we have an R-rated movie that’s really a PG-13 movie. And if I was going to have to go have an R, I would have really made an R-rated movie. I would have made it much scarier and much more violent and I would have really made an R-rated movie.”

Francis Lawrence’s next project will see his return to the realm of The Hunger Games with the release of “The Hunger Games: The Ballad of Songbirds & Snakes” slated for November 17, 2023.
Man I'm apprehensive about this, they've been teasing it for so long I don't even know what to believe anymore. The first one was flawed but it's a favorite of mine to rewatch, I hope they get it right on a sequel.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Well then we can’t have Keanu

Cuz Constantine is blonde and British

And Keanu can’t do a British accent and he has it in his contract that he will never die his hair
Meant more story and how Constantine isn't exactly a "good guy" causr he screws people over good or bad for a greater good. He's a scumbag conartist they should introduce Astra and really bring fukkery :demonic:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I’m not mad at the first Constantine. It holds up as a much better movie now that people are more familiar with the character than when it came out. Also it could be a new action franchise for him as he ages since Constantine isn’t a kid.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
GIa6gA4W8AAh68u