Controversial New Law in San Francisco allows Renters to "Unionize" against Landlords

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I want to read the actual ordinance before I form an opinion but as its presented, I don’t have an issue with it. It’s holding homeowners accountable for building repairs and allowing rent to be conceded in lieu of.

This is something that already happens. My friend had an electrical issue and kept telling the owner who didnt want to doing anything. She had food spoil before and had issues working from home. I told her just pay for an electrician to come out herself and deduct the cost from her rent. Send them the difference and the invoice along with printed copies of their texts spanning 2months of her requesting a resolution.

On the surface, it seems this ordinance is for issues like that. However knowing SF, they are going to go OD and allow tenants to do way more than should be allowed to. But maybe not.

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
file-20180419-163982-1cicwu4.gif

:sas2: ya'll already know who side I'm on.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
TLRepublican: but the landlord is always correct. Its a privilege to have a place to live. Being homeless with a full time job makes you a better person.