Other Coolest thing you’ve seen at a concert

Daps
I went to Cypress Hill at the Halloweed Tour at the House of Blues in Boston last year and B-Real ended up lighting a massive 2 foot blunt and passed it around the crowd.

Me and my friend got to hit it and it along with most people by the stage in GA.

What a performance, too. shyt sounded like album quality 20 feet away.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
White girls showing they little titties while tech n9ne performed aerolas lol

Cal Cutta

Balthazar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some great stories here:

1. Meeting Flea and John Frusciante at a Squarepusher show in Hollywood, right before Squarepusher went on. Asked Flea if he'd ever seen Squarepusher live before, he says no. Squarepusher walks on stage with a 6-string bass about a minute later, and is going off almost immediately. I look over and Flea is like :gladbron:

2. Seeing Aceyalone rap over drum'n'bass at about 5am at a rave in Springfield, Oregon in the late 90's. That was unexpected and incredible. Everyone forgot they were at a rave and just got hype right at the stage.

There's a bunch more

Daps
Reppin
Denver
I went and saw Kamasi Washington a couple weeks ago and his bassist Miles Mosley did one of the songs from his solo album called “Abraham”. Ever since that album came out, I thought this one part (around the 4:20 mark) was an electric guitar. This dude plays it on an upright bass with a fukkin bow. shyt blew my mind.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Some great stories here:

1. Meeting Flea and John Frusciante at a Squarepusher show in Hollywood, right before Squarepusher went on. Asked Flea if he'd ever seen Squarepusher live before, he says no. Squarepusher walks on stage with a 6-string bass about a minute later, and is going off almost immediately. I look over and Flea is like :gladbron:

2. Seeing Aceyalone rap over drum'n'bass at about 5am at a rave in Springfield, Oregon in the late 90's. That was unexpected and incredible. Everyone forgot they were at a rave and just got hype right at the stage.

There's a bunch more
Yo I'm in Oregon and am the biggest Freestyle Fellowship stan on this site, what's the backstory on this

Cal Cutta

Balthazar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo I'm in Oregon and am the biggest Freestyle Fellowship stan on this site, what's the backstory on this

Don’t really know much as I wasn’t throwing the party, just there.

This is likely ‘98, maybe early ‘99. Aceyalone was supposed to play a bigger rave outside Eugene 1-2 months back but missed it. Raves were really popular at this point so MC’s would take these bookings ‘cause they paid. I think this was a make-up performance over that.

Springfield *never* had raves. It was either in Eugene or more often, out in the woods somewhere. But this was literally a rave at an empty theater on Main St. Weirdest shyt ever. Anyway, ‘cause I lived in Springfield (grew up there), I went. Not that many there ‘cause no one from Eugene would go near Springfield. Had no idea Aceyalone would be there. But yeah, near the end of the party he showed up and performed. It was literally over drum’n’bass (kinda doubt his original set was intended that way). No stops in the music, pretty sure it was all freestyles. shyt was hype.

GPBear

The Tape Crusader
Daps
Reppin
Bay-to-PDX
Don’t really know much as I wasn’t throwing the party, just there.

This is likely ‘98, maybe early ‘99. Aceyalone was supposed to play a bigger rave outside Eugene 1-2 months back but missed it. Raves were really popular at this point so MC’s would take these bookings ‘cause they paid. I think this was a make-up performance over that.

Springfield *never* had raves. It was either in Eugene or more often, out in the woods somewhere. But this was literally a rave at an empty theater on Main St. Weirdest shyt ever. Anyway, ‘cause I lived in Springfield (grew up there), I went. Not that many there ‘cause no one from Eugene would go near Springfield. Had no idea Aceyalone would be there. But yeah, near the end of the party he showed up and performed. It was literally over drum’n’bass (kinda doubt his original set was intended that way). No stops in the music, pretty sure it was all freestyles. shyt was hype.
That’s wild. Imagine being Aceyalone in 1998 and somehow ending up in Springfield, breh probably thought he was gonna see the Simpsons fr

Reminds me of the time my friends and I went to Seattle to see Freestyle Fellowship. Showed up an hour early and met Mykah 9 out front :wow:
Saw P.E.A.C.E walk into the smoke shop next door. :pachaha:

Gift of Gab (Blackalicoous was headlining) was there too, sitting on a stool. Some dumbass white kid came up and asked him what time the show started because he thought he was an usher :snoop:

Another time, this fat hipster tried getting on stage to lip sync the remix to “Jump Around” Pete Rock stooped the whole show just to tell him off. :mjlol:
$20 to see Slum Village and Pete Rock tho :obama:

Saw The Roots at the Oregon zoo this summer, which was cool to see Black Thought do a rendition of “Brooklyn Zoo” like 50 feet away from elephants.

Last edited:

Cal Cutta

Balthazar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, to take it slightly off-topic and get into some serious nerd stuff. Way back when, OMSI used to be in the same complex as the Oregon Zoo. Seeing The Roots at the Zoo then going to OMSI would be one hell of a fun day, hahaha