COVID-19 Pandemic (Coronavirus)

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
tenor.gif

Anthrax, Sars, Ebola, Swine Flu....and now this wuhan:francis: one of these gon be a true pandemic

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Can you please tell us just what the fukk it is and does? :dahell:

a 4 minute listen
NPR Choice page

China coronavirus outbreak: Symptoms, transmission, treatment, CDC

What is coronavirus? What are the symptoms?
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that cause illness ranging from the common cold to more severe diseases such as pneumonia to Middle East respiratory syndrome, known as MERS, and severe acute respiratory syndrome, or SARS. Common signs of infection include fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties. In more severe cases, infection can cause pneumonia, severe acute respiratory syndrome, kidney failure and death.

4e147c2b-df33-4d85-a922-5602cbcdffdf-012120-Coronavirus-SARS-MERS_Online.png

How is coronavirus similar to Ebola, MERS and SARS?
Coronaviruses, Ebola and SARS are zoonotic, meaning they are transmitted between animals and people. Ebola was carried by fruit bats, which spread it to other animals. SARS was transmitted from civet cats to humans and MERS from camels to humans.

Should Americans be afraid of coronavirus?
"With global travel, the spread of any infectious disease is literally a plane ride away," says Robert Glatter, an emergency physician at New York's Lenox Hill Hospital.

On Friday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and Customs and Border Protection began enhanced health screenings to detect travelers sickened by coronavirus coming into the United States from Wuhan. The screenings are taking place at airports in San Francisco, New York and Los Angeles. The CDC said it is monitoring coronavirus and the risk for spreading into the U.S.

Glatter, however, said perspective is important.

"It’s more likely that you would encounter the flu compared to the coronavirus," Glatter said. "It’s the flu and measles which pose a greater threat to the global community at this time."

Is coronavirus contagious? How is transmitted?
The virus can be spread from animals to people. But it also can be spread by coughing, sneezing and through close contact with an infected person or an object carrying the virus.

Is there a coronavirus vaccine? What does treatment look like?
There is no vaccine yet. Nine studies are examining coronavirus vaccine development.

And while there is no particular treatment for the coronavirus, recommended measures are similar to those for cold, such as rest and drinking a lot of fluid.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
I wear masks when I travel abroad. People in Europe looked at me funny like I was a terrorist or something but a few understood and was like you been to Asia a few times huh. I ain't been sick all winter out here.

I wore a N95 mask in Asia. People were looking at me funny and my friends told me I didn't need it, but my friends were coughing out dark colored phlegm and mucus when they got back :merchant: