Coryxkenshin sheds light on Youtubes :mjpls: towards Black content creators

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier

Cory carries a lot of weight on the platform. He's been my favorite youtuber and I have been following the young breh for 7 years. But this some hoe ass shyt youtube be doing to this man. A lot of other content creators are chiming in. When dude posts videos, his numbers do 3-7 million+ consistently and is always trending. He has over 14 million subscribers, but does better numbers consistently then even other non black content creators who has twice as much subscribers as him. A lot of his views comes from the die hard loyal fanbase which he has worked hard to create.

But with all that success.... they have never properly gave him his flowers.

Maybe im wrong, but I feel youtube has utilized MKBHD as the token black content creator and has given breh so much spotlight. MKBHD is cool and he is deserves his success, but breh just showcases tech shyt that a lot of people can't afford. It was posted here before, but I was disheartened to see that MKBHD did not have one other black person employed amongst his team. Sure, its his right to choose who he wants to hire, but I can't help but feel hurt by seeing that.

Cory is a phenomenonal talent who entertains people of all ages and tries to be positive. He doesn't curse, and he really understands that he is a role model for alot of young black kids. It's unfair how much shyt he has to endure because youtube seems to not only acknowledge him properly, but shyts on him to either make an example.

Mrchicity said it long time ago

Last edited:

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
there's a lot of favoritism on these video/streaming sites. And we been saying especially on twitch since 2017. It's sad that he has to face that still til this day. But the only real way to get them is to expose their hypocracy. Leaving the site doesn't do anything, if the other peoplee on the site don't follow suite.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
My kids were watching his video explaining what went down the day he dropped it. I told them to use his current issue as a learning experience for what they're going to face in the world (school, work, social, etc.).

You can do everything right & shyt will still go left just because you're black. That's not millitant, that's reality.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
My kids were watching his video explaining what went down the day he dropped it. I told them to use his current issue as a learning experience for what they're going to face in the world (school, work, social, etc.).

You can do everything right & shyt will still go left just because you're black. That's not millitant, that's reality.
I am truly sorry you as a parent has to have these kind of discussions with your kids, but you are absolutely right. Its damn near a necessity for black parents to prepare their children for the harsh realities they will face.

I can tell Corys parents had that talk with him, and him being a exceptional person, his parents definitely did an amazing job raising him. But theres so much a black person can endure. I am not black, but I am cognizant of the ugly truth that blacks deal with more bullshyt more than any race. I put all my nieces and nephews on Coryxkenshin. They truly love the dude. My sisters even bought his merchandise last christmas for their kids.