Creating a beat tape - few questions

u mad son?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically I decided this week that im gonna make a whole project instead of just making a beat here or there. I been making beats for years but when I say making beats I mean I'll make one beat I actually like every few months but I'm trynna stay busy and keep my mind active on something I actually enjoy doing.

I'm doing this for fun primarly but if I was to promote it and just put it out there what would be the normal mediums of going through this? If I was to put my music on spotify etc how painful would this be? I know of bandcamp but is there any other communities to spread my music out there?

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
As far as I know the only real mediums to put it out there without having to pay are forums, youtube, bandcamp, soundcloud and audiomack, and atleast 2 of those are hard to get an audience for (bandcamp/audiomack).

Ive seen some real small time people get their stuff get put on apple music so that might not be so hard, spotify, tidal and pandora are hard for small timers to get put onto though it seems.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I recommend making videos of you cooking up and making beats.

That seems to be the wave and how you can gain fans. Nowadays.

That trizzytrack breh sold a beat to meek after the attention his IG videos were getting.

You'd be suprised by how many people will watch someone cookup if the audio quality is good.