Daps
Reppin
Louisiana

Been working on my mixing, need some honest feedback on areas I should work on

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I would offset the panning on the snare and hats. Don't want everything in the middle. Maybe turn up your melodies a little on the chorus and add a little reverb to give it more depth.

Payroll

Insomnia Addict
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
GMB
Kick and bass need more seperation, kick needs more transient. Percs are little too loud. You can turn the bass down a bit too.

But the biggest problem is your kick and bass are clashing fighting for the same space.

You could high pass the bass. Then use sine wave for the sub info. Then either sidechain or use volume automation to duck out those low frequency when the kick hits.

You could also shorten the sustain of the kick and use a transient shaper to make it punch more. Also a shorter kick will make sidechaining easier if you did want to go that route.

Keep in mind when you create seperation between kick and bass there is more space to push you mix louder, because those frequencies aren't summing together.

Reverb and volume, maybe even pulling out some highs will push the percs back a bit.

ABlackMan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Hood America
Start thinking about how a orchestra or band sets up. All the instruments aren’t in the same row. Things further back are louder or heavier. Up front is light and smooth or airy.

Some of my shyt get critiqued as poorly mixed or not mixed well blah blah lol but then others get “this is a clean mix man” but that’s because I don’t mix everything smh some shytnis just raw and uploaded straight from how it was put together.

everybody not the same at the end of the day so mix how you feel it is good just make sure volume overall ain’t too loud. Teslas crash on they own people still buy them bytches. Travis Scott got songs where his vocals go off beat people still vibe to the shyt. Rappers literally rapping off beat people still rocking to that shyt lol do what you feel man