Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
The first showcase in a while! In the storm of the tournament these two want to compete! so give the tracks a listen place your vote, and provide some constructive critique!

Lets get to the Music!
@CrushedGroove

@Mugen

@CrushedGroove
The groove on this is on point, The levels are great as well. When you broke the instruments down at 1:59 and slowly built the track up, is definitely the way to go. Starting the verses that way allows for the track to grow on the listener even if the build is the same it gives the listener a chance to acclimate to the sonics and have a sense of movement and change throughout. That whistle that you have going throughout the track, I would cut that out, and use that only for the hook section, it adds more punch to the record when sounds only happen in certain areas. Great Track.

@Mugen
Again excellent drum patterns. try to turn down the melodies, to allow the drums to punch through more. That will help with leveling and make it so you don't have to over compress. I like the soundscape a lot. When you have a repetitive melody like that, it helps to have another instrument take over, the melody, so the ears can get the sense of change. If you don't put the melody in another instrument to create the change, you can always run the original melody instruments through a filter at a certain point, to provide the same feeling of change. I would add another sound in to allow the listener to differentiate between the hook and the verses.

Good work overall everybody

For this showcase my vote is going to @CrushedGroove 1:59 onwards showed really good song structure.

producingfire

Music Producer
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Gave it to CrushedGroove

It was the spooky whistle that really caught my ear. Nice chords with lush pads.
I liked Mugen's track to. Felt like it could use some more instruments to fill it up but it's a nice basis.
Thanks for listening, voting and commenting Mart-Kos!