Crypto Winter Discussion

teacher

All Star
Daps
There are non kyc fiat on ramps? Or are you just moving around the crypto you already had?

You are late to the bitcoin maxi party it’s to top heavy. If I was going into anyone coin it would be eth it does what bitcoin does and does what bitcoin can’t do. Look at the bear market rally eth was at 150% at its high from this years bottom btc barely did 20% so far, I believe this is how it will be moving forward.

Solana isn’t a scam it actually has web3 application and nft capabilities. Something bitcoin doesn’t. It is centralized and does go down, but that’s why it’s still beta. You also have to remember when btc first came out it was centralized as well satoshi mined 1 million coins, as adoption grew he/she was diluted, but still if satoshi wanted to sell those btc it would still damn near destroy btc’s price. I’d bet my life next bull run it will pump harder then btc like it did last bull run. That was one of the coins you could of been rich if you got in the beginning with a relatively small investment.

Last edited:
Daps
There are non kyc fiat on ramps? Or are you just moving around the crypto you already had?

You are late to the bitcoin maxi party it’s to top heavy. If I was going into anyone coin it would be eth it does what bitcoin does and does what bitcoin can’t do. Look at the bear market rally eth was at 150% at its high from this years bottom btc barely did 20% so far, I believe this is how it will be moving forward.

Solana isn’t a scam it actually has web3 application and nft capabilities. Something bitcoin doesn’t. It is centralized and does go down, but that’s why it’s still beta. You also have to remember when btc first came out it was centralized as well satoshi mined 1 million coins, as adoption grew he/she was diluted, but still if satoshi wanted to sell those btc it would still damn near destroy btc’s price. I’d bet my life next bull run it will pump harder then btc like it did last bull run. That was one of the coins you could of been rich if you got in the beginning with a relatively small investment.

Yes, there are non-kyc fiat on-ramps. RoboSats is one of them. I detailed my experience in using it on the previous page. I used Strike to pay a seller cash, and was given bitcoin in exchange. No ID. No registration. There are other similar platforms, like Bisq, hodlhodl, and LocalCryptos. There are tutorial videos on how to use them. There are also ATMs that don't require ID if the withdrawal is below is a certain amount. ATMs tend to have a higher premium - like 10% minimum. I've yet to use one, but will try to before the end of this year just to get the experience.

Find ATMs here: https://coinatmradar.com/

On your second point, global bitcoin adoption is at 1-2% at best. This party is just barely getting started. Adoption will continue and will even be kicked up a notch these next few years as the declining value of all fiat money due to central bank money printing becomes undeniable to more and more people. People are looking for safe havens on where to store their wealth in this environment. Thus far, bitcoin has been an excellent long term store of value. Short term? Yes, there's a lot of volatility. I'm in my thirties though, so I don't mind the volatility, especially since it's a volatility that is ultimately on an upward trajectory.

As for the lack of "web3" and NFT junk, I'm glad none of that bullshyt is present on bitcoin right now. Unfortunately, I don't think this will always be the case. Bitcoin is an open source monetary network. It's the Linux of money. Anybody crap can be built on it, with bitcoin acting as the settlement layer.

On one level, whether bitcoin goes to $100k, $1mil or more, it doesn't matter, because it's technically fulfilling its purpose right now. It's decentralized enough to survive attacks from state actors, allowing it to function as stateless money.; money that cannot be debased from central banks and is free from the influence of governments. The most important aspects of bitcoin are the most underrated. Everyone pays attention to "money go up," and that's fine, that's what brought me and almost everyone else into bitcoin/crypto. That said, its decentralization, and, thus, censorship resistant nature is everything. Your wealth can't be seized/frozen, like a traditional bank account, or like it has with USDC/Tether if these assets come into contact with blacklisted wallet addresses.

It's bitcoin that has bureaucrats like the Nigerian senator below saying what he said:

I think bitcoin is poised to absorb weak fiat currencies in the coming years and decades.

I think the existence of bitcoin is why 100+ countries are working on CBDCs - to prevent capital flight from their devalued/worthless currencies:

Last month, the European Central Bank put out a paper on the "holy grail" of cross border payments: https://www.ecb.europa.eu/pub/pdf/s...80438.en.pdf?972bbc119868c193467dc86f4a7cf706

^ Its conclusion was CBDC is the best option, of course, but bitcoin was mentioned 199 times, ethereum, twice, and CBDC about 50 times.

Bitcoin is the standard.

Last edited: