CVS manager calls police on a black customer because of coupon

erickonasis

Resident Oldhead
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
4E464BAA00000578-0-image-m-53_1531663834562.jpg

First it was Barbecue Becky, then it was Permit Patty and now it's Coupon Carl.

Morry Matson, dubbed 'Coupon Carl', was captured on video calling the police on Camilla Hudson at a CVS in Chicago.

The CVS manager claimed that he didn't recognize the coupon that Hudson, 53, was trying to use, prompting him to call authorities.

'It's a female,' Matson is heard telling police as he appears to be 'visibly shaken'.

4E4675B100000578-0-image-a-47_1531663722715.jpg

She said she was trying to use the CVS coupon, which was for a free item related to a health issue, at the store located on 6150 N. Broadway in Chicago.

'I stopped in to make a purchase using a coupon mailed to me by the product manufacturer, as replacement for problematic/defective product.

'The manager [Matson] on duty said that he’d never seen a coupon like the one I had and said that he thought it was fraudulent,' Hudson wrote.

When she asked for his name and title, he 'became agitated and rude'.

According to Hudson, she pulled out her phone to document the incident when Matson ran to the back of the store and slammed a door in her face.

'Meanwhile, the other manager, who’d been helping me initially, came running back to tell me that I’d better leave the store immediately, because he’d called the police,' Hudson wrote.

'Of course, I had ZERO concerns about the police being called. Apparently, they’d hung up on him the first time he called, so he had to call them back a second time, telling the 911 dispatcher that I was harassing them.

'Three tactical unit officers arrived and, after some conversation and documenting their names, badge numbers, etc., I eventually left the store. Needless to say, this is far from over. Life in these United States. Aargh,' Hudson said.

Hudson was later contacted by CVS administrators who apologized to her over the incident.

A CVS corporate spokesman said in a statement to Block Club Chicago that the company has 'begun an investigation and we will take any corrective action that is warranted to prevent it from happening again'.
4E4675A500000578-0-image-a-29_1531662970471.jpg

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
:dahell: that warrants him calling the cops? Hes the manager he should be aware of it
as someone who has worked at CVS at one point in my life, folks do push fake coupons and then will show their ass if they get caught using a bullshyt one

ive seen it myself cause ive rejected em in the past

its something very specific to convenience stores due to how many promotions they always run

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I used to work at a Walgreens. People pass around fake coupons from time to time and that one honestly doesn't look legit. But you just tell them no and that's the end of it. Unless she made a huge scene as a result of that, I wouldn't worry about calling the police.

Knowing what we know now about this guy, seems pretty obvious he called the police because he's a racist POS.

erickonasis

Resident Oldhead
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
as someone who has worked at CVS at one point in my life, folks do push fake coupons and then will show their ass if they get caught using a bullshyt one

ive seen it myself cause ive rejected em in the past

its something very specific to convenience stores due to how many promotions they always run

It's a fukking bladder control diaper coupon...fukk outta here troll

erickonasis

Resident Oldhead
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I used to work at a Walgreens. People pass around fake coupons from time to time and that one honestly doesn't look legit. But you just tell them no and that's the end of it. Unless she made a huge scene as a result of that, I wouldn't worry about calling the police.

Knowing what we know now about this guy, seems pretty obvious he called the police because he's a racist POS.
He's the manager it's HIS JOB to know what's valid. If he didn't he could have called coorperate and found the answer

Sohh_lifted

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

thats how i know you bullshyttin, all customers gotta do is bytch and moan and threaten calling corporate and the store bends over backwards

Cobratron

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
thats how i know you bullshyttin, all customers gotta do is bytch and moan and threaten calling corporate and the store bends over backwards

Not when the coupon is legit fake. Corporate certainly will take care of her now because guy clearly overreacted.

Lotta drug store cashiers all of sudden on the Coli:stopitslime:

What are you mad about? No one is defending him calling the police on her.