DaBaby Dropped from UK's Parklife Festival in Wake of Homophobic Rant

Fresh

New York Knicks
Daps
And to think, no one has a problem with any of the other shyt hes said... coulda dropped 50 Nbombs and ranted about killing nikkaz and smutting out bytches and all of these places that dropped him wouldn’t have even bat an eye.

he’s wrong but we got a serious problem here with the way these cancel bots move.

we gotta be better. We gotta demand better. Society telling us to our faces that we are completely OK with being disrespected for entertainment.

:ehh:

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
This nikkas team should have him check into rehab come out in a week or two and talk about his “drug problems” and how he is working on it. And have him apologize stating the rant was fuelled from a drug binge.

Then this slowly gets chalked to his “drug problem”.

Yeah that would work if it was justin beiber.But a rapper like da baby will have to do so much more. Such as doing campaigns and interviews. And da baby is not known for being a druggie.

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
That cancel shyt never lasts long, it’s rap he’s more than good :manny:

Keyword mainstream rap, which is dependent on the industry. He has already lost seven figures worth of income, and you are telling me that he is good?

JLova

Veteran
Daps
Exactly

At first I was like “ah man this’ll blow over”

But THIS is actually why people use those lame ass template PR-written apologies

•He feels sorry
•He was not educated on this issue
•He will donate $1M to the x foundation
•He will spend time getting educated
•He spoke with famous gay artist

Then.. he’d have a shot.

You can say “I want to kill 1 million nikkas” no problem.

You CAN’T fukk with gay, white people. They run the show in big parts. He forgot that part.

bingo. Not even what he said, but how he’s handled it.

“I just wanted to apologize for what I said. While thre was no malice behind it, I acknowledge that I hurt a community and potentially some fans. It was never my intention, I will donate proceeds from my next show to some random LGBTQ charity. I will also be reaching out to the community to gain a better understanding....”

All that had to be said and he’d be fine. shyt he could have even lied about being drunk and apologized. He’s doubling and tripling down like an idiot making enemies with big names. It’s just dumb.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
When we listen to them, play their music, sing their songs, go to their concerts, we take them seriously. That's how you take music and musicians seriously.
You just repeated what I said. Y’all are spreading this narrative that somehow black people integrate violent rap music into our lives outside of the music. It’s just music.

Nigerianwonder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People aren’t making decisions because of rap, rap is a representation of what’s already happening in reality. Case in point, you said people are drinking cough syrup because of lil wayne and future but rappers have been rapping about cough syrup since the 90’s. People were already drinking lean.
Kids like juicewrld literally said rappers like future and Wayne are the reason they tried drugs.

Future Apologized to Juice WRLD for Introducing Him to Lean, Kind Of | DJBooth

My5

that guy

Superstar
Daps
Kids like juicewrld literally said rappers like future and Wayne are the reason they tried drugs.

Future Apologized to Juice WRLD for Introducing Him to Lean, Kind Of | DJBooth

My5
You’re missing the point. People were drinking lean long before rappers started putting it in their songs. Future and wayne popularized it for the younger generations but lean is something people were already doing going back to the 90’s.

If you take away lil wayne and future, it would have been another rapper to talk about drinking lean that they would have followed

LordOfTheTalentedAndLazy

All Star
Supporter
Daps
You’re missing the point. People were drinking lean long before rappers started putting it in their songs. Future and wayne popularized it for the younger generations but lean is something people were already doing going back to the 90’s.

If you take away lil wayne and future, it would have been another rapper to talk about drinking lean that they would have followed

He gave you a direct example of a kid directly telling a rapper that his music influenced him to do drugs and your only response is that he would've got the same message from another rapper.

That's not an acceptable excuse or justification, and is honestly just more of an indictment on the genre. There's a plethora of trash music out here in the rap game influencing young minds negatively.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
He gave you a direct example of a kid directly telling a rapper that his music influenced him to do drugs and your only response is that he would've got the same message from another rapper.

That's not an acceptable excuse or justification, and is honestly just more of an indictment on the genre. There's a plethora of trash music out here in the rap game influencing young minds negatively.
You must be slightly illiterate. I clearly said in the same exact post that people were drinking lean BEFORE lil wayne and future. This is reference to earlier in the thread where I pointed out that art imitates life. Black people were drinking lean BEFORE it was in rap songs. The rap songs just made it more popular and widespread. Don’t respond to me if you’re to lazy to read.