Dame Dash Says Tommy Hilfiger Wanted To Buy Rocawear For $450M

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
cap-ellen.gif

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

During a recent interview with Revolt TV’s Assets Over Liabilities, Roc-A-Fella Records co-founder Dame Dash said his company’s retail arm Rocawear was at one point almost sold to Tommy Hilfiger for a huge sum.

“We were about to sell to Tommy Hilfiger for like $450 million,” Dame said. “I had got jumped in Paris during fashion week, and I got the film I can show it to you and Tommy’s in my ear like ‘yo, I wanna buy the company…,’ I’m like ‘yo I got a concussion man it’s loud. Let’s talk later.’ But they did make the offer. So I woulda walked away with like $40 million, and when you put a company to get bought there’s due diligence that comes with it. So due diligence is lawyers that cost like a million dollars just to look through everything.”

He continues, “We go through all of that shyt. Right before we close, your man makes an announcement that he’s launching another brand… so it devalued the brand and they left, because they were like if Jay’s not a part of it we don’t want it.'”

While the story is disheartening, it was one of many anecdotes shared with Assets. The music mogul said elsewhere these experiences all taught him just how imperative a good sales team is for a company.

“Anything that’s run by the ads, the sales team that’s the boss,” Dame said. “Cause that’s the person that’s paying the bills. So, if you wanna get in this business, and what I’m learning is paid subscription doesn’t work. So anybody that thinks Netflix is this that and the third they just dropped 40%, they always gotta raise a billion.”

He continued, “They might have a lot of catalog and shyt right now but they’re spending a lot of bread. Tubi is up 40% it’s free tv. So free subscription work, but if you have people coming directly to you then you have to have your own sales team.”

what year was Tommy supposedly bout to buy this? Cuz Tommy Hilfiger sold his company to someone in 2006. Think for a Billly plus too..

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Should have taken that money :francis:

Jay backdoored him for lyor at the time.
Since people have selective reasoning and listening.
People continue to blame dame erroneously. When jay snaked him. Yet let goofies tell it.
Dame snaked jay. When dame was snaked by jay abd backdoored for lyor at wb. Before defjam stepped in like. Don't go jay. We got this offer for you like heavy d at mca.

The rest is history people purposefully and conviently forget in general.

Both sellouts.
so it should be expected.
they would sell each other out. Yet the facts remain.

Art Barr

Art Barr