Dave East on The King of New York: "Jay Z and Nas Still Out Here

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
They're not. There was nothing special about Kendrick's performance on To Pimp A Butterfly lyrically, the instrumentation and musicianship is what stands out most. That album flopped as Kendrick's follow up to his "classic" good kid, M.a.a.d. City and outside of Alright being used as a police brutality protest song the album failed to resonate.

That's why Kendrick came back out with that commercialized pop rap album Damn where he used more trap beats, mumble rapper flows, and went and got Rihanna and U2 features. Intercope dropped a bag and mass marketed and payola'd the fukk out the album and Kendrick somehow landed a number one song upon drop.

So lyrical am I right? What a spitter! :gladbron: :mjlol:

The nikka is acting like Kendrick is ab soul, Lupe, or elzhi. Kendrick is good lyrically but nothing outstanding. And his albums dont help.

As there is nothing like that in about GKMC, TPAB, or Damn. prolly his most impressive verse in terms of a lyrical/wordplay display was the first verse of "These Walls" but thats it.

Kendrick has also been more straightforward, hes alot less lyrical than his Section 80 days(which he wasnt that lyrical either) and especially so now(Damn- present)

yeah coli brehs be riding K.Dot's penis
they always on some weird bama shyt when it comes to him
try telling that to this nikka @Shadow King I done told him we can @numerous LA nikkas if he wants. Make a thread about it whatever.

But you know how nikkas are when the lie they built in their head is shown to not reflect reality.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
The nikka is acting like Kendrick is ab soul, Lupe, or elzhi. Kendrick is good lyrically but nothing outstanding. And his albums dont help.

As there is nothing like that in about GKMC, TPAB, or Damn. prolly his most impressive verse in terms of a lyrical/wordplay display was the first verse of "These Walls" but thats it.

Kendrick has also been more straightforward, hes alot less lyrical than his Section 80 days(which he wasnt that lyrical either) and especially so now(Damn- present)

try telling that to this nikka @Shadow King I done told him we can @numerous LA nikkas if he wants. Make a thread about it whatever.

But you know how nikkas are when the lie they built in their head is shown to not reflect reality.
Kendrick consistently delivers weak ass features :mjlol:

A187

All Star
Daps
Survival is defo AOTY from NY so maybe he is the King of NY

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
His pen was different. It's different types of writers. 50 told his story in his way. It's things 50 did better than a lot of rappers. 50 Cent was not average at all. He knew how to tell stories, he knew how to say hard shyt and hit you with them harsh realities, he had mic presence and authenticity, he had a dope flow and voice, he knew how to write hooks, he understood melody.

50 was a real king, it's almost no year you could point to that Jay and Nas had it on lock dolo they always had competition.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law

I told you do the thread, this is your crusade...

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
To who? nikkas not from NY need to stop speaking on it. And young ignorant nikkas need to fall back and listen before speaking.

:why:

I didn't speak on anything.

I asked a question.