Desus and Mero leaving Viceland for Showtime

steadyrighteous

Veteran
Daps
Glad to have them back but the skits aren’t where their bread is buttered.

I also don’t like the live audience. It was better with just the staff watching them and laughing at the real funny jokes. Audience sounded like a laugh track

I think there's a happy medium. An audience works, but

1. They should be a bit smaller and closer to D&M. They sounded/felt like they were a few feet too far from them.

2. The audience should be more like "homies." Kinda like the staff, but people more like D&M so that they not only get the jokes and references, but react more like your homies would. Kinda like Chappelle's audiences on Chappelle's Show. That felt like a guy talking to his peers and the laughs/reactions were natural.

This audience sounded like they were there to have fun, but probably wouldn't "get" 100% of what they were saying/referencing.

I mean... only if someone from Showtime is reading this :eddielol:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Real talk,....

This weekly format could be sumfin.
As the ep last night brought me back to being in the rhythm.
to turn them on nightly.
After rethinking it.

Desus and mero could be on to sumfin.

It maybe premature.
Yet, if they keep things anywhere near the quality of the first episode.
This could become sumfin tbh.

I am ready to watch new content from them right now.

Hopefully this series keeps it going.

So far great stuff.

Art Barr

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Glad to have them back but the skits aren’t where their bread is buttered.

I also don’t like the live audience. It was better with just the staff watching them and laughing at the real funny jokes. Audience sounded like a laugh track

With this version of the show I don’t think they have enough steam for a daily (anymore) so weekly seems like the way to go. Them doing skits just isn’t gonan work. They aren’t actors so they might wanna re-think that part of it. After watching the first one, I only kinda wanna tune into the next but won’t go outta my way to make it a priority. This shyt feels like Conan on TBS status where you flat out forget about it until some random shyt reminds you.