Did Your Family’s Reputation Ever Affect You?

RaspberryFitted

Boyz In Motion Member
Daps
Reppin
G-Co
:jbhmm: Positive or negative. Could be brother, sister, cousin, etc.

Since most of my siblings are +5 years apart from each other, it was rare for us to be referred to as each other’s sibling. When it did happen, it was usually from old teachers who recognized our last names. Never got judged based off my siblings.

Arris

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
always positively :mjgrin:

teachers, coaches, you name it. meeting them for the first time them hearing my last name and taking a good look at my face.

Daps
My family was called "an organized gang" by one of the pastors of our local church.:mjlol:

At our peak we'd enter the church like 20 deep. Drama was aplenty. One day, that same pastor stepped to my mom and convo went like this:

Pastor: "(mom's name), why haven't you been attending church?":francis:

Mom: "I don't know, but why WE talking when YOUR daughter running around getting dikked down at parties?":stopitslime:

Pastor::mjcry: "have a good day".

Last edited:
Daps
Always positive, especially when it came to girls. It was, “He comes from a nice family.”

:mjlit:

It also helped the few times I got into trouble. My grandparents’ friends were in a lot of authoritative positions.

Wildin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
My brothers were state level middle school and high school athletes and one of my brothers still holds multiple records at our former high school. I only earned 1 school record that stands till this day. They were multi sport athletes too both of them were 12 sport (played 3 seasons each 4 years of high school) I was only an 8 sport.

Needless to say we had some of the same coaches, plus I went to school with cats who's older brothers went with my brothers, and we'd either be by our trophy case/state athletes picture wall in the hallway or in the weight room where my brothers had their name and record or their picture and cats would try to be funny "Mannnnn what happened to you!"

":mjlol: you must be adopted! How were your brothers the shyt, and you're just shyt!"

":patrice:Y'all got different mothers or fathers?

:stopitslime: I went to school with a bunch of comedians.

EVILRICO

All Star
Daps
Reppin
TEXAS
I had a grandfather (rip) who was into a lot of stuff in his younger years. Like really moving weight and messing with the cartel.
Horrible role model for a teen , his way of being a good grandfather, was breaking us off 5lbs of that Mexican brick when we were 15:russ:
Well…. Any way there was a this cop .officer Gomez,who we all knew was crooked and would do a lot of dirty shyt around the neighborhood. One night my young loaded ass is waiting in line to a club. And they have two cops at the front door. One being Gomez. They smell the weed on me and pull me to the side. And start the whole bs search. My dumb ass forgets I have 2 xtc and around 6 Xanax. I’m screwed!!!! I’m on probation too. The cops start talking shyt to me , hand cuffing me. Until Gomez runs my id. He notices I have the same name as my grandfather, and asks me if that was my grandfather. I say yes, Gomez unlocks the cuffs and let’s me go . They just pocketed the pills and let me in the club.