Diet Help

The Infamous

Vocabulary.spills.I'm.ill
Daps
I'm 5'10 and 150 lbs. I have recently started to workout, but need help when it comes to diet. Ive heard that diet is the most important aspect when it comes to getting results.

What are some necessary diet changes for somebody who is looking to bulk? Foods/meals to avoid? What should my diet consist of?

Last edited:

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Ill start off .. Here are some key foods.

Chicken
Rice
Broccoli
Ground Turkey
Ground Beef
Sweet Potatos
Oatmeal
Peanut Butter

If you are consistently eat those foods about 5 to 6 times a day you will gain good weight

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Dapped and Repped. :salute:

You already. This might be tedious but have at least 5 meals a day for the next 30 days. NO EXCUSES. If you are dedicated slowly but surely you will gain weight/muscle. You must be consistent.

Example:
Meal 1:​
Breakfast: 3 eggs/ toast
Big protein shake : 1 cup of oatmeal / peanut butter / 2 scoops of protein

Meal 2:
5 oz of chicken
4 oz Sweet potato
Veggie

Meal 3:
5 oz of chicken
1/2 Cup of rice
Veggie

Meal 4:
5 oz of chicken/Ground turkey or beef/Fish
Sweet Potato
Veggie

Meal 5: Banana Protein Pancakes or Halo Top Ice Cream.

Make sure to season your chicken or get some pre cooked chicken that you can throw into the microwave. Throw in light Sour Cream/fat free cheese and hot sauce or whatever condiments you loke. Watch the macros.
It's the only way breh. :manny: or I should say one of the most effective ways.

Start this Monday: Set a Goal, STAY CONSISTENT , log your weight and measurements(biceps, hams , calves, chest) from today. Just start off taking it day by day. Each day focus on conquering the day

The hardest part is the eating. Working is easy as fukk whether 30mins or an hour. But you can bench until your arms fall off but if you don't EAT there will be NO Gains.

Good luck breh update us and again STAY CONSISTENT.:salute:

MMA

Superstar
Daps
Just look up beginner bodybuilding grocery runs
Basic clean carbs/fats, proteins
Oatmeal, Chicken Breast, Chicken Thigh, egg whites, whole egg, salmon/cod, shrimp, potatoes/sweet potatoes, greens/vegetables, lean ground-meat, rice, fruits make sure to balance out very sugary fruits out
If you can grill do it >>
I don't recommend protein shakes but for your weight and height, I would
We are the same height 145 wow, sounds like a fun you'll really watch/see your growth :ohhh:
Good luck on your journey OP

The Infamous

Daps
You already. This might be tedious but have at least 5 meals a day for the next 30 days. NO EXCUSES. If you are dedicated slowly but surely you will gain weight/muscle. You must be consistent.

Example:
Meal 1:​
Breakfast: 3 eggs/ toast
Big protein shake : 1 cup of oatmeal / peanut butter / 2 scoops of protein

Meal 2:
5 oz of chicken
4 oz Sweet potato
Veggie

Meal 3:
5 oz of chicken
1/2 Cup of rice
Veggie

Meal 4:
5 oz of chicken/Ground turkey or beef/Fish
Sweet Potato
Veggie

Meal 5: Banana Protein Pancakes or Halo Top Ice Cream.

Make sure to season your chicken or get some pre cooked chicken that you can throw into the microwave. Throw in light Sour Cream/fat free cheese and hot sauce or whatever condiments you loke. Watch the macros.
It's the only way breh. :manny: or I should say one of the most effective ways.

Start this Monday: Set a Goal, STAY CONSISTENT , log your weight and measurements(biceps, hams , calves, chest) from today. Just start off taking it day by day. Each day focus on conquering the day

The hardest part is the eating. Working is easy as fukk whether 30mins or an hour. But you can bench until your arms fall off but if you don't EAT there will be NO Gains.

Good luck breh update us and again STAY CONSISTENT.:salute:

Appreciate the in depth post breh.

My goal is to hit 165 by the end of the year.

I have IBS plus other digestive problems, so diet is going to be tough/tricky for me. Diet is going to be tricky/tough for me.

I thought cheese was a good source of fat? Why should I get fat free cheese?

Last edited:

The Infamous

Daps
Just look up beginner bodybuilding grocery runs
Basic clean carbs/fats, proteins
Oatmeal, Chicken Breast, Chicken Thigh, egg whites, whole egg, salmon/cod, shrimp, potatoes/sweet potatoes, greens/vegetables, lean ground-meat, rice, fruits make sure to balance out very sugary fruits out
If you can grill do it >>
I don't recommend protein shakes but for your weight and height, I would
We are the same height 145 wow, sounds like a fun you'll really watch/see your growth :ohhh:
Good luck on your journey OP

I just checked my weight and I'm 150 lbs. I was 145 the last time I had checked a few months ago.

Thank you breh

BornStar

Marathon Continues
Daps
Reppin
N.Y.
Appreciate the in depth post breh.

My goal is to hit 165 by the end of the year.

I have IBS plus other digestive problems, so diet is going to be tough/tricky for me. Diet is going to be tricky/tough for me.

I thought cheese was a good source of fat? Why should I get fat free cheese?

It is i would just try to stay under a certain amount of fat 60 to 70 grams if you can.

You don't want to mix Carbs And Fats.

When Fats are High Carbs should be Low.

When Carbs are High Fats should be Low.

For IBS take digestive enzymes and probiotics that will help you digest your foods tremendously.

This is the one i take. Its cheap but does the job
2963c_v7.png

You can take them before heavy meals.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I'm 5'10 and 150 lbs. I have recently started to workout, but need help when it comes to diet. Ive heard that diet is the most important aspect when it comes to getting results.

What are some necessary diet changes for somebody who is looking to bulk? Foods/meals to avoid? What should my diet consist of?
You've already received good suggestions in this thread.(+tuna in water...drained to remove the salty broth)
I'll add this piece of advice...prepare your meals in bulk a week ahead of time or as far ahead as you can.Plan your portions, so that you just have to reheat the meals. Also find out which cooking method works best for you.
I put a week's worth sweet potatoes in the oven while I'm baking chicken, for example......rather than boiling them.

Find healthy snacks that you can carry with you when you're away from home and can't eat how you want to.